June 20, 2016

SHAPED HOUSE CARD



Hi, everyone, this is Charlotte C.  Recently on Design With Sassy on Facebook Sheila challenged us to make a shaped card, and this is what I created to meet that challenge.  I thought for today I would give you details on how I put it all together.  Please come join us on Facebook to see all the wonderful creations our members have posted.

The house itself is from April Showers and it only has two layers.  I brought in five of them on my canvas and ungrouped all, saving only one of the top layers. 

I welded two together at the rooftop to form my card base, which I cut in dark brown.  The base is 11 x 4.12.  For some reason it did not fit in a standard A2 envelope so I needed to make one with my WRMK punch board at 4 ½ x 6. 

I used a lighter brown for the next three:  one is full size and covers the front of the card base; one I sliced to keep just the roof so I could emboss it; and one I shrunk a bit to use for the inside of the card.  The designer paper used for the top layer is from my stash.

The potted trees are from Bloom.  I changed the color, flattened them for print then cut, inked the edges and adhered to the base, as you can see.  The flower boxes are also from Bloom and I flattened them for print then cut and used foam tape to pop them off the front.  A little brad for the doorknob, Wink of Stella on the flowers, and some white gel pen finished off the card.  Since I first posted on FB I decided to add a small pink heart on the door which I also used Wink of Stella on. 

Thank you, Sheila, for inviting me here again, and I wish you a speedy recovery.  I hope you all enjoy this card.

0 comments: