September 21, 2015

Baby Girl Thank You Cards

Hi, this is Charlotte C.  Thank you, Sheila, for inviting me to share in your awesome blog again this month.  I used an image from the Silhouette store to create some thank you cards as part of my gift at the new mom-to-be’s baby shower I was invited to.  The original had some eyelet holes and “thank you” cut out, so first thing I did was delete them so I could stamp on the front, and it made for quicker cutting of the little dress.   I sized my cards at 4.25 wide, locked the aspect ratio.
Because I used double sided card stock I needed to line the inside in order for there to be a place to write.  That was easy to do by using the internal offset feature on my Cameo and then deleting all the internal cuts so I had just an outline.   Once the Cameo cut everything, I just used my trimmer to slice everything in half.  I was able to get six halves on one sheet of 12 x 12 card stock by hanging part of the image off the mat. 
I used my MISTI so that all the stamping was uniform on each card.  An empty A2 size envelope box covered with designer paper worked beautifully to hold a dozen thank you cards with envelopes.  Here’s the finished products.
I also used my Cameo to cut this cute little dresser card which went with my gifts.  A handmade envelope with a tab to insert the flap made it easier to be opened at the shower.  
Thank you for stopping by today.  Hope you enjoyed seeing these cards.  Happy fall to all.





2 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This card is adorable and I like that you made a matching envelope to go with it. Thank you for sharing.

Karon said...

These are fabulous Charlotte - love the little dress and your wonderful dresser card! TFS