August 7, 2015

Welcome Baby Girl

Hello Sassy People!

I read somewhere August is known as the busiest month for birthdays/births. I do not know how true that is, but my mom was invited to a baby shower for a young lady who is due in August. She asked me to make an adorable card and I believe I did just that. 


Since the lady is having a girl and I decided on a pink and brown color scheme. I love those two colors together; almost as much as baby blue and brown. The card was made using a Silhouette file (bib card) and I used a stamp set for the bear and sentiment by Inkadinkado. I used Cocoa Momento ink to stamp the images. I used Copic markers to color the bear image. I added faux stitching to the card because it looked unfinished to me. The file came with a bow, but I decided to use ribbon instead. On the inside (not pictured) I added the same pink and brown polkadot ribbon as well faux stitching.


Mom couldn't show up to the baby shower with just a card right? I surprised mom by making a simple two tier diaper cake. It really is the perfect gift! I mean, parents can never have too many diapers for a new born! Anywho, I used the same color scheme and ribbon to tie the card with the gift. On the base of the cake is a sturdy board covered in white tulle (to hide the base). I assembled the “cake” and had to “cute it up”. I used TTF to make the “Welcome Baby Girl”. I typed out the sentiment (brown) used the offset feature in the software to create a shadow (pink) and repeated that to create the white border. The cake topper is a Silhouette file (3D Buggy). It was very easy to put together. To keep the topper in place, I used pins. Between the layers, I added more white tulle as well as in the buggy. 


I used a large cello bag to package the cake and that was it! I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Remember to stop by often to check out the talented DT! Thanks for stopping by, Kenya~

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

How adorable! I love the things that we can make with our machines that brighten up a day or a special event. Thank you for sharing this with us today.

Boopster said...

Beautiful ideas made real! Such a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Charlotte C said...

Dynamite duo. I have to go get that card at the SS. Shaped cards always have great eye appeal. TFS.

Krafthead said...

Thank you so much ladies and thank you Sheila for allowing me to share! Enjoy the weekend~