June 25, 2015

Father's Day Pegboard Card

Hey everyone...it's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail and today I'm sharing the card that I made for my husband for Father's Day.  My husband is one of those guys who can fix anything, which is probably a good thing since I tend to break a lot of things!  

Here's what I created for him:


The base of this card is from the Silhouette Online Store.  I decided that rather than cut out the tiny tools that went with the card cutfile, I would use my stamps to create the tools.  I used the "Totally Tool" stamp set by Stampin' UP! and colored those tools using my Copics.  I then fussy cut around each one, and adhered them to the pegboard with dimensional foam dots.  The lettering was in the original cut file, but rather than use paper (which I figured would tear), I used some vinyl and it worked like a charm.  Don't forget that vinyl sticks to paper and can make your life a lot easier, especially with scripty greetings!  Oh...and on the pegboard, I used a lot of chalk ink to make it look more realistic.


I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

Boopster said...

Nicely done. Love the little tools!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a great little card. Men love their tools so this would catch their attention. Thanks for sharing.

Krafthead said...

Awesome masculine card~