May 1, 2015

You've Taken Me To New Heights!

Happy May Sassy People!

Did you know Teacher’s Appreciation week is May 4th thru May 8th? With four little ones in school, you know I am busy! I haven’t decided if I am making cards and gifts for the immediate teachers or all of them…only time will tell!

Anywho, today I am sharing a non-traditional teacher appreciation card. I used some cuts from the Silhouette Store (hot air balloon, clouds & banner). I brought the images on the virtual mat and ungrouped them. I duplicated the ballon to stamp a weaving pattern on the Kraft card stock. I cut the balloon and clouds out. On a separate virtual mat, I typed out my sentiment and placed it on my banner to print and cut. I also changed the color of the banner. I did this by ungrouping the banner and changing the color for the fill and stroke. I changed the cut lines of the sentiment to no cut. I was ready for the pnc.




Once everything was cut, I used a piece of blue Bazzil textured card stock for the “sky”. I was going to emboss it, but because it was textured, I decided not to. I assembled card and placed the oversized banner on the card. I love the way it turned out! I will put it in a 5x7 envelope so the banner is not crinkled.


I hope you enjoyed today’s project! If you have little ones or grand little ones, please don’t forget their teachers! The play a vital role in their lives. Until next time….stay crafty, Kenya~

2 comments:

Krafthead said...

Thank you Lisa!

Boopster said...

Very cute card. You've inspired me to get out some of my balloon stamps and papers and do something with them!