February 27, 2015

Memorial Tile

Hello Crafty friends!!!!
Its Sherri from Sherri's Crafty Place, I am so happy to be crafting again....I have been MIA from the crafting world...its been a rough 2 years....but I'm here and Thank you so much Sheila for letting me share on your amazing blog!!!!

So this is what I have today, its a Memorial Tile, I lost my dad almost 3 years ago, and miss him so much, Cancer sucks....he was way to young, only 60....and I was daddy's girl,( partly the reason I have been MIA...actual lost my dad and my brother (40)within a year of each other...)
so now I have this beautiful glass block to look at and the Tile went to my Step Sister, who absolutely loves it....
Here  is the finished glass block and Tile, its a 12 x 12 Tile from hardware store, 


 here is the original pic of my Dad
 Using Photo shop i edited the photo, I had to do a little drawing on his beard and hair...but it looks pretty good.....
 I also made a glass block etching for myself...It was actually a boo boo, my first attempt to weed, well it didn't go so well...but I had the negative...so I thought why not etch it....there are no boo boo's in crafting!! 
Here he is all weeded,....
and here I have applied him to the 12 x 12 tile, with the words......I love Make The Cut, it makes tracing pics so easy.....
 Thank you so much for stopping by today....
Happy Crafting 
❀Sherri❀

6 comments:

Krafthead said...

What a beautiful project and memorial for your dad! I understand your pain. I also lost my dad in 2012 and my brother died two weeks earlier. It is never easy to recover, but crafting makes it easier to go through the process. Glad to see you creating. I may have to do something similar. Thank you for the inspiration.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful memorial for your dad. It is hard to move on when someone you love is gone. Creating has to help in some small way. Thank you for sharing.

SherriC. said...

thank you so much, I forgot how supportive y'all were....hugs

Unknown said...

Sherri your tile is gorgeous!!! What a great tribute to your dad!! (((HUGS))) Glad you are back!!

Grace Baxter said...

Sherri, this is a beautiful project. I would love to know how you made the etched picture.

SherriC. said...

Hi Grace, Thank you for your comment, I have some more projects like this on my blog, I use MTC software, and Adobe Photo shop, I make the picture a black and white image, then use a few enhancments in the adobe to get a sharper image,I had to also use the drawing tool to add some more hair on his head..lol, save it, then open it in MTC...cut and weed ......please feel free to drop by my blog,and if you need more help you can email me @ brodiec88 at hotmail dot com....and I will try to help you out....