September 1, 2014

Cheers!

Hello and Happy Labor Day!!

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a blingy project today!!

I made this set of wine glasses to donate to a very worthy cause.  I met a wonderful lady who organized a Women's Night at her children's elementary school where I was a vendor selling wine glasses last year.  Her friend recently was diagnosed with ALS.  They are having a Spaghetti Feed/Silent Auction in September to help raise money for medical expenses.

For more information or to help, go HERE.

When I sell wine glasses, I do not use licensed images.  I made the exception since I am donating these glasses.   I used my cameo and vinyl to cut out Huskers.

I added some bling to the base of my glasses.  I used red, black and clear gems and clear tiny beads.  
 I put Beacon 527 on half of the base and put my bigger gems down first. 
 I filled in with the smaller gems using a pair of tweezers to help.  I then put adhesive on the other side of the base and repeated.
 I put the small beads into a paper bowl and used my hand to press them into the empty spaces.

I let the glasses sit for 24 hours and then shook off the excess beads. 
I recommend hand washing only!! 
As a crafter, I love making things for other people whether I sell them or give them away.  I was very honored to be able to donate these!

The ice bucket challenge has been going around and I was challenged by 2 people.  My son Tanner was also challenged by 2 people.  My helper Kylie was challenged by one of our daycare moms (same lady who challenged me too)! 
We did our challenge together after school with the daycare cheering us on!!!

2 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful glasses, as usual. And brave brave brave doing the ALS challenge.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori the glasses are amazing! Love all the goodies that you put on the bottom. Thank you for sharing!