May 5, 2014

Tyler's Bionic Arm

Hello and Happy Monday!!
Lori here!!  In honor of National Scrapbooking Day, I created a scrapbook layout.

My son Tyler is finishing his freshman year at college.  He is a baseball player but had to red-shirt this year due to having Tommy John surgery on his right arm (he had a UCL tear).  Tyler is a catcher and honestly I always figured if he needed surgery it would be his knees or hips - not his arm!!!  Pitchers are the most common surgical candidates for Tommy John surgery.

Tyler had his surgery in March and spent his spring break recovering at home.  After returning to college, he began physical therapy.  These photos were taken during his younger brother's baseball game 6 weeks post surgery.  His brace is a lock out brace that allows his arm to move only where it is safe for him - I called it his bionic arm.
I used the right side of this sketch from Let's Scrap for my layout. 
I put some white circles on my paper to mimic the circles on the sketch.  I used acrylic paint and a fabric softener lid.
I used my cameo to type my title.  I added this circle "today" wood piece that I have been dying to use since I bought it!  I never seemed to have room to the right of anything significant on my layouts!!!  I guess it was waiting for this project! 
I added a wood heart because Tyler really loves dogs.  He has to borrow dogs because mom is allergic. 
I added a couple of arrow wood pieces to the top. 
Tyler came downstairs as I was finishing this layout.  He did not know I took these pictures.  He hates when I take his picture and usually scowls at me!!!  He was happy that I got these shots - which make this layout all the more special!!!

Thank you Sheila for having me over today!!!!  Have a great week everyone!


1 comments:

Karon said...

Fabulous LO - love the background! TFS