December 13, 2013

Sympathy Card with inked and embossed Glitter Paper

Happy Holidays everyone!!!  It's Danita from danitasdesigns.blogspot.com

I saw this inking technique on a facebook group that I am in and I couldn't wait to try it. It's actually easier than using the spray mists and waiting on them to dry.  I'll show you what I did.
The glitter paper is from the DCWV Holiday Glitzy stack.
The embossing folder is the Anna Griffin Poppy folder.
I picked out 4 different ink colors that I thought would compliment each other. I stamp the ink on my craft sheet, then took a stencil brush  and swirled it around in the ink.  You do not need to add any water, then brushed it across the glitter paper.  I didn't know whether or not it would take, but it did!
 
 

 

Once I had it all colored I tied a ribbon around it and made a rosette with my Tombow glue  




 
The labels are Spellbinder dies and I used the same technique on them. I also used my Wink of Stella brush marker to accent the edges of the labels  (close up shot)
 
Thanks for looking!!!

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is beautiful!!! I love this technique it is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing today!

Charlotte C said...

What a beautiful technique. Can't wait to try it. TFS, Danita.

Dk said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Karon said...

WOW - this is beautiful - what a wonderful technique! Thanks for sharing.