November 7, 2013

Merry and Bright!

Hi Everyone...it's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail today and I'm sharing a holiday greeting card today.  I have a lot of holiday cards yet to make so I'm making cards in "bulk".  When I make cards like this, I like to do them in multiples of six.  It's enough to quickly build up a supply, but not so many that I get tired of making that design.  Here's the card I would like to share with you all today:

Want in on a little secret?  

Everything on this card is really, really old!  The papers are from a DCWV stack from several years ago.  The papers were not meant to coordinate, but I love the striped paper against the polka dotted blue paper.  The stamped image was a RAK I received from a friend on the Cricut message board a couple of years ago.  I colored it with my Copic Markers and added some Stickles for the snowy effect.  The snowflake brad is also rather vintage!  And the little sentiment is from My Craft Spot.  I used my Cricut for the shape I stamped on, as well as the little tag.  The cartridges were Storybook and George and Basic Shapes.  

Here's a close up of my coloring for you.  Oh how I love snowmen!!

I hope I have inspired you to look at your crafty supplies to find some treasures that you may have been holding onto for awhile.  I know one of my goals in 2014 is going to be to use more of what is already in my craft room.  Want to join me in that challenge?!

Have a super day!

Hugs,
Sonya



4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Sonya this card is just adorable. Love your coloring and the design you used. I too am making my Christmas cards and have been making them in multiples of various cards to keep me going. Thanks for sharing today.

Karon said...

Fabulous card and I love the image that you have coloured so fabulously! TFS

Boopster said...

Such cute, happy snow people. The colors are luscious and your design is great fun. Thanks for sharing with us.

Charlotte C said...

Your card is adorable. I agree that the stripe looks great against the background paper.