November 12, 2013

Laughing Lola Cards

Howdy - Adrienne from Eagle Canyon Arts and tickled pink to be here.  Many thanks to Sheila for including me in the Sassy Lady design team.  Sheila's Gypsy tutorials have made a big difference in my cardmaking and Cricut confidence!

This Close To My Heart Workshops On The Go (WOTG) is the "Laughing Lola" design (G1064).  The colors are vibrant, the kit comes complete with all the cards, papers, stamps and embellishments needed to make 15 beautiful cards.
Additional supplies needed are listed in the cardmaking guide included with the kit.  Mainly, you will need inks, acrylic blocks, CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge (Z1790), sanding (distressing) supplies and adhesive, including 3-D dots or tape.  If you don't have the Artiste cartridge, there are other cartridges that have hearts, emblems and banners that may approximate the shapes needed for these cards.  As you can see from the cards above, though, the stamps fit perfectly on the Artiste cuts.
The cardmaking guide is very detailed, so there are only a few notes to add to what is included.  I found the instructions for the Cricut cuts to be somewhat vague. 
Accent 1 is on Accent 3, R1, C3 (on the keypad) - cut at 1.75" (H) Accent 2 is on Accent 4 <s>, R5, C6 - cut at 1.5" (H) 
Accent 3 is on Accent 2, R1, C5 - cut at .75" (H)
Additionally, the measurement provided for the heart cut is incorrect.  It is given as 1.5" (H) cut (that is also what is noted on the sheet of stamps).  That cut is too small.  In order to be big enough for the heart stamp ("Thinking of You"), the cut must be made at 2.24" (H) x 1.9" (W), using the heart on p. 66 of the Artiste guide book (Accent 1 <s>, R4, C6).
Once all the pieces and shapes are cut out, the smaller detail pieces are to be sanded on all edges:
My assistant Smokey was very helpful during this portion of the project.  I think she was just hungry and wanted supper, HAH!
Stamping the sentiments and shapes was next.  Since I didn't have Pear ink (recommended in the materials list), I used Sweet Leaf instead and it looks great!
Here is one of each of the final cards.  They turned out so well, I gave the "You Can Never Have Too Much Happy" one to my girlfriend today for her birthday.  "OOOH - PURPLE!" she exclaimed when she opened it.  Now who could ask for anything more? 

Here is an example of varying the "look" of the cards by taking advantage of the double sided paper and turning it over:
Thanks for joining me for this project.  If you have any questions, do send me a note.  Here's sending everyone blessings for a bountiful Thanksgiving.  Adrienne 

4 comments:

Charlotte C said...

I'm not very fond of Laughing Lola, but I love your cards and I might just have to give this paper a second look. TFS.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I purchased this workshop on the go too and will be putting it together after Christmas.... Very Pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us today!

Karon said...

These really are wonderful and I love your cat Smoky, what a gorgeous colour! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Everything is just beautiful about these cards!! I love them all!!