September 26, 2013

Double Heat Embossing


Hello friends! Leah from Paper Blossoms here and I wanted to share a tutorial I did showing how to double heat emboss. I also have this tutorial up over at Inspired By Stamping, so if you'd like to give it a try you can link up over there and maybe win some goodies :) 
clip_image012
clip_image002
First gather all your supplies. You will need:
*Stamp sets of choice, solid images work best for this technqiue.
I’m going to be using Happy Fall and Background Basics Lines
*Versa Mark Ink
*Two colors of embossing powder, contrasting colors are best
*Heat Gun
clip_image004
I’m going to be layering two of the line designs, each embossed in a different color. I find starting with your boldest image first and layering your finer one on top works best. To stamp the lines across my whole panel I stamp in Versamark and then cover it in embossing powder so I can clearly see where to stamp my next line. Above shows two stamped and embossing powder covered lines before they are heated. Continue until the entire panel is covered.
clip_image006
After you cover your panel heat to emboss. I hold my paper with tweezers as it can get pretty hot to hold. Allow to cool and now we are ready for the double embossing step.
clip_image008
Simply stamp your second layer in Versamark ink right on top of your embossed image, sprinkle with powder and continue until the panel is filled.
clip_image010
After heat embossing for the second time you will get a lovely layered look and can now make a card or project! When embossing an entire panel as I did the cardstock will warp some, but after it is cooled just gently bend it into shape and use a bit more adhesive to keep it laying flat.
clip_image012
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial! Have a blessed day!

11 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Beautiful detail on your card. The double embossing really stands out.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Leah, this is gorgeous. I didn't know you could do that without damaging the first one. I have done 2 separate colors but never one on top of the other.... AMAZING! Thanks for sharing today.

Dianne said...

Very pretty but looks complicated because of spacing. I know you use a ruler. Gorgeous!!!!

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

Karon said...

Beautiful background - fabulous idea, thanks for showing us! TFS

Leah said...

Thanks ladies! Diane, I actually didn't use a ruler, I just eyeballed it :)

Audrey Frelx said...

Love your double embossing!!! Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I love this idea! How did I never think of this. Thanks so much for sharing it. I'm sure I will try this myself very soon.

scrapnlifeaway said...

what a beautiful texture!! i will def have to try this one out!! just love the look!!!

Boopster said...

Beautiful autumn card with lovely colors - thanks for sharing that interesting technique with us.

Candy said...

Beautiful card! I just love embossing!
Candy

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!! I love learning new techniques and yours is great!! What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!!