August 1, 2013

School Picture Scrapbook Page

Hi Everyone!  It's Sonya from Sonya's Paper Trail here today with a scrapbook page that I'm showcasing at She's a Sassy Lady.  I create a scrapbook for my son for each school year, and I've traditionally used a school picture for the title page of each book.  My son will be starting fourth grade in one week, so I decided my post this month would be the page that I designed to kick off his fourth grade scrapbook album.  Check it out!

  
I will add his photo (5 by 7) to the navy blue photo mat.  

All papers and stickers that I used are from Echo Park's Paper and Glue scrapbook kit.  It comes with a ton of fabulous papers, two sticker pages and a couple of the paper sheets can be cut into journal boxes.  The box in the lower left corner of my page is one of those journal boxes--I will be adding my son's name, his school, the year and his teacher's name in that box. 


 The apples are stickers that came with this kit...aren't they cute?!  I used my Stampin' UP! pennant punch to make this banner.  I connected each pennant with a brad.  Does anyone else still love brads?  I know I do!
 
I had to add a title to my page, of course!  This "Read. Set. Go." cut is from the new Close To My Heart "Artbooking" Cricut Cartridge.  I set my machine to Real Dial Size and cut it at 1". 


Thanks for checking out my scrapbook page today.  I hope you have time to create something fabulous today!  And, a big thanks to Sheila for having me join her blog again this month.

Cheers!
Sonya



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layout! Love the clean lines and great color combination! Hope you son has a wonderful 4th grade year and you have lots to scrap!!

Charlotte C said...

I too love the clean lines on your page, and the colors.

Karon said...

Wonderful LO - perfect! TFS

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful page... I do love the colors and the banner is awesome! Hope you son has a great year.... I know you will have a blast scapping it. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Cute page!!! Can't believe school is starting again so soon!!!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Awesome page! I love the colors and the little spot for journaling is a nice addition.