August 5, 2013

Do What You Love


Hello - Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway and I am super excited to be a Sassy Designer today!

The past month has been rough for my family.  My son's apartment burned down, my husband had surgery and my Mother-in-Law broke her ankle (the day of Mike's surgery).  We survived all three events - best case scenario for all three!  As a result we have become much closer!  Very proud of my older two sons who stepped up big time!!

What a difference from a year ago when one event ruined my entire summer - I broke my right wrist.  The difference is (I believe) is I was not able to do what I love - craft!!

Now that things are calming down for our family, I have been able to get back into my craft room!

Lately I have been vinyling just about everything!!!  I am also having more fun with my Cameo.


I picked up some slate tiles from Michaels on clearance and thought they needed some vinyl :)


I put several images from the Silhouette Store on my mat.  


I cut out both sets in white vinyl.


Here is the first cut after I weeded the extra vinyl away.

I use the Cricut Transfer Tape to adhere the vinyl on the slate tiles.


I found these mini black canvases at Michaels (2x4) and added these little words!


Wouldn't it be great if we could always do what we love?


Music is one of my loves :)

I am very blessed to have my family, music, friends and crafting in my life!!




5 comments:

Karon said...

These are wonderful Lori - wow, love the wording and the black slate and canvases !! Have a great week.

Charlotte C said...

Super cute. I have to try the vinyl on something some day. Hope everyone's recovered from all the happenings.

Mayras Designs said...

These are amazing !!! Great idea !!!!

Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori these are just awesome, I just love how they look and can be they can be used for so many things. Good to hear the news about your family that all things are starting to calm down thanks for sharing today

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

I'm glad everyone is ok in your family and much less stress now.

I love your tile projects. I haven't tried cutting vinyl with my Cameo but I'm itching to do so very soon. TFS