July 1, 2013

4th of July Card




Hello and Happy July!!!


Lori here from Scrappin My Stress Away with a 4th of July card today.


I saw something similar on Pinterest and wanted to figure out how I could re-create it with my Silhouette Cameo.




Here is the LINK to the pin.


I am not a stamper so my card looks a bit different:




I am new to Cami (my cameo) and having a little trouble transferring my knowledge of Gypsy to Cami.....but I keep trying!!!


I found some images from the Silhouette Store that I wanted to use for my card.


I used a stars and stripes banner, statue of liberty silhouette and fireworks.  I left the word Fireworks!! and layers off the mat.


I used scrap cardstock in red, white and kraft brown to cut out the images.




Here is one example of me most likely doing this the hard way:  I ungrouped the banner image and carefully drug each inside cut off the mat in order to create a white background banner.  With Gypsy, you just hide contour.  With Cami each tiny piece is a piece once you ungroup.


Another example:  I just cut out two banners, one in red and one in blue as ungrouping and moving the tiny pieces off the mat was driving me crazy!!!




I cut out lady liberty in brown kraft paper and inked her up with shades of green.



I adhered a piece of silver carstock on top of my blue mat.  I taped twine and ribbon to the back of the blue cardstock before I adhered it to the front of the card.



I layered the fireworks on the card.  I added some silver stickles to the centers and edges.


I adhered the red and blue banner flags to white banner flags and pop dotted them on the twine.


I pop-dotted Lady Liberty in front of the fireworks.




Here is a side view of the pop-dots.




My card is different from the one I pinned, but I like the 3D  look better.


I hope you have a safe and Happy 4th of July for those of you who celebrate it!!!


Thank you Sheila for having me over today!!

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card, love the little banner... I wish you and your a Happy & Safe 4th of July. Thanks for sharing today.

Charlotte C said...

TFS this cute card, and happy 4th!

Karon said...

You did a fabulous job! Love love this! TFS

Java Jen's Creations said...

Wow!! I just love this card!! You did a fantastic job!! Thanks for sharing!!

Mayras Designs said...

Very nice card and I love the inspiration one also great job !

Mayra
MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Adorable! Love the banner and the fireworks behind Lady Liberty! May have to CASE this one--TFS!