June 3, 2013

Cell Phone Deisgn


Hello!!  Happy June!!  Happy Summer!!  Time for new clothes and new cell phone designs!!

Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun project for you today!!

I made this cell phone vinyl design for a friend of mine.  Kylie is one of my helpers in my daycare and her boyfriend of 2 years is currently deployed.  She saw a similar cell phone monogram design on Pinterest and asked me if I thought I could make one for her and Andrew - Challenge accepted!!!


I have a file saved in my Gypsy that is the exact size of my Samsung LG phone.  Kylie has the same phone so I just opened my file and got designing!

I have a rectangle that I sized to 2.5 w x 4.5 h.  I unlocked the chain and used Real Size to get this configuration.

I opened another layer and left the eye open on the first so I could see it though the mat.

I used the font from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.  I made the & 1.42 inches and the A and K each .70 inches.  I came to these measurements by welding first and then sizing the design to fit the space.

I cut the monogram out in purple vinyl.

I set my cricut to speed 3, pressure 3 and blade depth 3 and cut.


So pretty!!!


Speaking of pretty....here is Kylie and Andrew!!

Thank you for having me over today Sheila!!!  I hope everyone has a great start to the summer!!

7 comments:

Charlotte C said...

How sweet of you. Does the vinyl stay on with all the handling a cell phone goes through, I wonder?

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great idea.... I bet alot of people are going to be decorating their phones now! Thanks for sharing!

Karon said...

Great cut love the font! TFS

Sonya said...

Great project!!!

Unknown said...

Good question Charlotte! My first design was pretty intricate and lasted about 6 weeks. I tend to change with the holidays/seasons!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What a cool project! TFS ;)

Charlotte C said...

Thanks, Lori - I was curious how long it lasted. But considering it's a small piece of vinyl used beautifully, guess it's not too big a deal to just redo it when needed.