April 19, 2013

Roses


















Hello My Crafty Friends,

Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room here sharing my project for this month for She's A Sassy Lady. :)

I ordered a couple of stamp sets from Paper Trey Ink and was so excited that they came in just in time for my post. I used The Sweet Life stamp set for my card. It's roses and what gorgeous roses they are. It's a three step stamp, you use three colors in the same family. I chose blue since this card is a Mother's Day card for my mother and her favorite color is blue. I also ordered the dies so that I wouldn't have to cut them out, that made it so much easier. Oh my, I can see these roses in every color, just beautiful.

The inks I used are Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise and Not Quite Navy, all from Stampin' Up. For the leaves, I used Crumb Cake and Chocolate instead of greens to get a different look. Isn't it just so pretty?
The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper's stamp set called Happiest Moments. I cut out a piece of paper to add as a border. On the bottom layer, I used a punch from Stampin' Up and adhered it under the border.

Thank you Sheila for having me again and Thank you all for stopping by to visit. Enjoy the rest of the week, I think Spring has finally arrived. It's still a little chilly but the sun is shining, so that is a great thing.

8 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Pretty. I have a few PTI stamps and dies and love them.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. My favorite color is blue also. Love the roses in blue.

Nana said...

WOW, what a beautiful card.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh yes, Lisa, your card IS definitely pretty!!! I love the Paper Trey stamp and your paper cut lace! Another fabulous job from "our" Lisa!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a beautiful card Lisa.... Love this set and have been thinking of ordering it myself... now I wonder why I didndn't this is beautiful! TFS

Karon said...

This is truly gorgeous. I love the colours you chose to use. TFS

Leah said...

SO pretty! Love the blue, it's a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, what a beautiful card! I love how the stamps and dies work together! The roses look like professional embellishments! Great work!