April 1, 2013

Love Mini (File Folder)




Hello!!  This is Lori from ScrappinMyStressAway with fun mini album today.  I am super excited to be at She's A Sassy Lady today.  

I do not have an April Fool's project for you, unless you count the big April Fool's joke Mother Nature has been playing on us!!!

I am using spring colors because I am waiting patiently for spring weather to come!!!

I saw a project similar to this a while back and wanted to give it a try.  I am taking a short break from scrapbooking - I have been at it hard and heavy since my middle son will graduate next month and I have to have his album completed!!


I bought a pack of 10 file folders at the Dollar Store and paired one up with this yummy DCWV Stack of paper called Collage Art.  I found this at Michaels.


I took one of the file folders to make a template.  I folded the bottom 4" up to create a pocket.  I then folded in 4" from the center out on each side.  This was easier than measuring from the outside edge due to the tab.  

I have seen other dimensions, I just kind of eyeballed what I wanted and measured.



The banner was fussy cut from one of the squares.

Can you believe I did not even use my Gypsy or Cricut???





I used my ATG gun to adhere the edges of the pockets.

I cut some pieces from the paper pack.  One page had several sayings and a couple of journal tags on it.  I trimmed them to fit my space.

I inked all of the edges in pink.


Here is the back.  I used a big piece of yellow paper to cover the back.


I adhered some 3Girl JAM ribbon under the paper in order to tie the mini album closed.


This was a fun little project to make.  I have 8 more file folders and lots of paper so I will probably make more :)

Thanks Sheila for having me over today!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful April!

4 comments:

Karon said...

This is such a wonderful idea and I love the papers that you have used. TFS

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job and thanks for the instructions!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lori, this is just beautiful. I love the design and the wonderful papers you chose. Just delightful. Thanks for sharing today!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lori, I love it! What a great job you did!