February 25, 2013

Warning: Rated NC-17!

Hi folks,

Ian, here, from A Newbie Crafter.  Today I did a quick little sign for myself for my upcoming job search conference (more on that to come at my blog).  I wanted to create something that was small enough to travel with and something that I could post in the hotel room.

For this project, I used a small 4.25"x5.5" single side cardstock and drew lines with a gel pen. I used a white gel pen to put a dot in each corner box.  I then took a gold gel pen and drew squiggly lines to give it some flair.  I stamped "screw" on and wrote the other words with my white gel pen.  Although this is not the best word to use...I could have used an even worse one.  :)  I then took some Martha Stewart flowers and put them on the corners to give it a more frilly look to it.  I am planning on taping this to the mirror in my hotel room, or the back of the door so I can see it right before I leave for the day to go to all of the interviews.  The other idea I had was to keep it in my bag so that I could look at it between interviews for a little comic relief.  I was nervous to do this, however, this IS She's a Sassy Lady, so I thought I could get away with it being a little sassy.  :)


I hope I didn't offend anyone!  You were warned in the title of the post.  :)

Craft on,
Ian

6 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great reminder and you know we all wish you the best in your job search..... Send you good positive thoughts.

Karon said...

So cool and great idea to keep yourself motivated. Good luck:-)

Audrey Frelx said...

Ian, I love it!!! I think I need one of those for myself just having to deal with day-to-day issues... lol!!! Sometimes we need a reminder to keep a cool head.

BethAnn M said...

That was cute! Good luck with your job search. BethAnn M.

Nicole said...

Great sign Ian! Good luck on your job search.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Too cool! Good luck on your interviews ;).