February 9, 2013

I Finally Tried CCR And Boy Did I Have A Hard Time Cutting! My Fault!



Good morning, thought I would give the Cricut Craft Room (CCR) another chance and actually laid out and cut out 9 little Birthday Teddy Bears..... Boy did I make the blunders! I hope you take a little journey with me and be patient as I feel like I should be wearing a hard hat in this construction zone! Grab a cup of coffee & due join me.


This is the first little item that I did... 9 little bears at 3.75 each. Notice all layers sit one on top of the other. I have to admit that I even did the clothing with the 3 layers without realizing that you could look at one layer at a time. I felt like such a blonde. I growled at this the whole time thinking "this is ridiculous why am I looking at all the layers at once?" I never saw the little eyeball that you touch.... just like on my gypsy! I am showing the following photos just so you can see I finally figured that out.... would you believe aft I laid them all out and cut them all out! Can you stand it?


Here is the other page and again all layers stacked on each other... no wonder I thought CCR was so difficult to work with!


I took photos of these cuts so you could see that I did learn!


Notice you can separate just like on the Gypsy so that you can look at the mat and layout your different color sections.

I have to tell you I did like the big screen but I still love the convenience of my Gypsy. The following video is long but it goes over alot... and I kind of like one video instead of 2 parts. If the first part where I am trying to figure out how to cut bores you just move past it and go to the card part.


Now that was a lot of detail, wasn't it? These cards as simple as they are with one object on the front of the card did have a lot of little detail in it. So many little pieces and then with the stamping and glitter on the hats, the card do take a little time to put together.... Note my Wifi worked just fine for the next cut. I guess I just didn't wait long enough at the onset where it was telling me to check my mat.

Isn't this little bear just too cute? I love the glitter and the embossing on the background. Since I am going to mail this little card I did put the balloons on the inside of the card so they would fit in the envelope.

Look at the little shirt. Just too cute and I got my stamp at Stamps Of Life it is from the postage2stamp set.

In this photo you can see the cool effect of the embossing and see that it is a Wobble card. I learned that I should have place the Wobble a little higher for a more even shake to it.

Don't you just love the little party hat? Chunky glitter works wonders.


Here is the inside of the card and for this one I used My Craft Spot's Birthday Sentiments stamp and it is perfect for this.

Thank you for joining me today, I sure hope you enjoyed this post... I know it sure was a project for me but I did learn a lot.
Thank you for your encouraging words. You comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed day.

11 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Sheila,

Your card party ladies are so blessed to be invited to YOUR party! What wonderful cards they will leave with and a fun time will be had by all! Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of CCR. Hopefully you can link teddy bear parade to your gypsy but watching helped me a lot since they do offer free cuts from time to time as well! Thanks :) Kathi

Karon said...

Super cute, and love how you persevered with CCR. I too prefer it because of the large screen, thats why I never bought the gypsy! Have a great evening.

Charlotte C said...

You are amazing. My head spins every time I try to use the craft room. Your teddy bears are just too cute.

Mylene said...

Could you post a link to where to get the "made by" stamp?
I love the cards you made. I have this cartridge, I should give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
Mylene

Mylene said...

...also, I'd like to get another look at how you stored those stamp sets again. What did you use to put them in, a sheet protector? Could we get another look at that, please
Mylene

papillon digital design said...

That is cute!. You brave you using CCR. I have not ventured there yet as I dont have the E2 and dont want to loose my Imagine yet again. Loved your video!
Hugs
Pam

scootingranny said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love this card. I have been trying out CCR, too and appreciate your encouragment to continue to work at it. THanks!

BTW, your card parties sound like sooo much fun!!!!

June said...

That was a great video and I LOVE your card!!!!! I am a CDS (Cricut Design Studio) user and absolutely LOVE it!!!! I also have the gypsy but couldn't get used to the small screen and the CCR has too many issues for me right now and had the same problems as you did. The only thing that I could figure with items off the mat was when I would click an image and it would be placed beyond what I could see on the mat/screen. I do like the fact that I can cut out anything from my hundreds of carts with out inserting them in the machine, as I have them linked to CCR. I do keep going back to CCR to see if it has improvements though. TFS

VICTORIA said...

Shelia I love your video on the CCR. I love the CCR Lot of things i don't know about it but am learning too and the BEST PART is when you download the digital to the CCR its an extra benifit for the persons that have a GYPSY.
When you update your Gypsy it takes all the digital and whatever you have in your library there and puts them on your GYPSY ITS TOTALLY AWESOME. hugs Vicky
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com
http://victoriasjunk.blogspot.com

Java Jen's Creations said...

Fantastic tutorial! It does take a little bit to get used to the CCR but it really is an awesome tool!! So glad you persevered! :-) Adorable cards!!

Migdalia said...

Oh!This is ADORABLE!!!Love this Bear!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia