December 11, 2012

Merry Be Your Days Favor Box

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations. With holidays just around the corner I am trying to scramble to finish those odds and ends for gift giving- Teachers, Co-Workers, etc.  Today I am sharing with you a project that I made for the Pink By Design Blog Challenge- Non-Traditional Holiday Colors.   I used an unfinished wood box from the dollar bin at Michaels.  When I went on Sunday they were half off so I only paid 50 cents for this box. 
I painted with acrylic paint and then spray pianted with Krylon Glitter Blast in Sparkling Waters to add major blingage.  Then I used Inky Antics Honeycomb paper and cut out the edging for the sides.
 Next I used Melissa Frances Tissue Paper Garland for the top of the box.  I drilled small holes for the ribbon to make a handle.
Finally I added my snowflake from Winter Lace Cricut Cartridge and a tag cut from Spellbinders.  The tag is stamped with Merry Be Your Days using American crafts Zing Embossing Powder.
I think this box is just darling to give with a gift card for someone. you could even put small gift items like jewelry inside.  My nieces will probably fight over who gets this, so I may have to make another.
As always thank you for leaving comments and subscribing here at She's A Sassy Lady and on my personal blog at 217 Creations, 
Have a Happy Holidays and see you in the New Year!

9 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Very pretty. TFS

Lisa said...

What a sweet bag, love the colors and the ribbon.

SherriC. said...

this is so pretty,
TFS!!!

Migdalia said...

Very Beautiful!!TFS
Have a wonderful Tuesday,
Migdalia

Karon said...

Such a super box/bag - love the snowflake and love the ribbon.

Java Jen's Creations said...

What a beautiful, blingy box!! I love all of the gorgeous detail!! So typical of all of your creations! :-)

D- said...

Cute gift box. TFS.
dmcardmaker (AOL)

Anonymous said...

Yes, you might as well make another one of these stunning boxes! What a wonderful work of holiday art! A true keepsake to be displayed every year!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

That is one adorable little bag! I love how you added the cute snowman ribbon.