November 5, 2012

Give Thanks Banner






Happy Fall Y'All!!!  I love the fall colors and especially the changing colors of the leaves.  It helps that my trees have tiny leaves so our mower eats them up and I don't have to rake them!!!

This is Lori from Scrappin'MyStressAway with a fun fall banner to share with you today!



I used the leaf from Gypsy Wanderings sized to 4.21 inches.  I hid the two inside cuts and cut out the leaves in white cardstock.



I used the font from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art and sized them to 1.25 inches.  I originally cut them out of dark brown cardstock, but once I finished the leaves I changed my mind.  I cut them out of yellow cardstock.



My friend Jenny from Yogi Memories has been playing with inks Tim Holtz Style and inspired (and helped) me with this project!!



I started out with these inks and a mister of water.  I also had my heat gun plugged in and ready to go!



I crumpled my leaves and got ready to make a mess!!



By inking my mat and spritzing with water, I was able to get the colors to blend, bleed and make wonderful leaves.  If I did not like the look, I just added more ink and water.  The heat gun set the colors.



I had so much fun and made a huge mess!!!  I cut out a second set of leaves out of brown cardstock to staple to my leaves.  They were a little flimsy after the transformation!!



I added some twine bows and threaded them with some beading cord.  I inked the yellow letters with red ink and pop-dotted them onto the leaves.







I hung my banner above my French doors.  It is so hard to take a good photo of banners, so I added the close up shots!

Thanks for stopping by today!!



7 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

Lori, Love what you did with the fall leaves to make them so festive! Love your banner :) Thanks for sharing how you did it! Kathi

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is amazing Lori - love those leaves they look so real:-) Have a great day.

Lisa said...

WOW Lori, love how you did the leaves, they came out beautiful.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous banner!! It's amazing how real the leaves look and they look so fun to make!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Laurie what a wonderful banner and I just love how you always decorate your home for the season. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Oh, this is a gorgeous banner!! I absolutely love your leaf technique!! Thanks for sharing!

SherriC. said...

love it Lori!!!!