September 24, 2012

Small Halloween Banner

Hi there!

Since this is my first post on She's A Sassy Lady, allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Ian and I am from A Newbie Crafter.  I have worked with Sheila on other blogs and she recently asked me to join the design team for She's A Sassy Lady.  I could not be more excited to join this design team.  There are so many talented individuals on the team that hopefully my work will measure up to theirs.  I have been crafting since January of 2011 and have never looked back.  Crafting is a chance for me to turn off the world for awhile and craft away my stress.  Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll get onto my project for the day!

For today's project, I made a very quick and easy small banner for my front door.  In my apartment, I'm lucky to have a window in my front door.  For the longest time I have wanted to put something in the window to welcome both myself home, and friends to my apartment.  Recently I fell in love with Imaginisce's Monster Mash line.  If you haven't seen it yet, it is so cute!  I went a little overboard and ordered all of the items that come with the Monster Mash line.  Below is my completed project.


I took one of the 12x12 pages and cut it into 5"x5" squares.  I took the die-cuts that were already printed in color and cut out, and pasted them in the middle of the 5"x5" piece of cardstock.  For the "happy Halloween" sentiment, I cut the same patterned paper at 5"x8" so that I could center the sentiment.  (That's fun to say:  center the sentiment).






Once I had all die cuts glued down, I took purple sparkly ribbon from my stash (I believe I got it from Michael's over a year ago), and placed it in the center.  To adhere it to the back of the cardstock I used packaging tape which will give it a firm grip.


I'm really excited with how the small banner turned out.  It wasn't anything back breaking but it sets the tone for Halloween which is coming up soon!  Hope you are preparing for it as much as I am.

Craft on,
Ian

9 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Welcome to the team. I really like your little Halloween banner you can cheer anyone up and they see it. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Lisa said...

Welcome :) Your banner turned out adorable. Love the ribbon and the die cuts are adorable. Great job.

Created by Kathi said...

Ian... congrats on getting to be a designer for Sheila's blog! Your work I have seen on your blog and others is AWESOME and this is no exception! It really does set the mood for fall and Halloween in a cute way.... thanks for the inspriration! Love your Digi's too!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Welcome Ian - yeah good to see you have used some of your recent haul! Fabulous.

Kate said...

Welcome Ian! Your banner is so fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us.

Boopster said...

Great job, Ian. A perfect idea for a window. Where did you find those wonderful little monsters?

Unknown said...

Welcome to the team Ian!! Love the vertical banner!! Your little guys are adorable!!! Halloween is my favorite holiday to decorate for!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Welcome aboard a wonderful team Ian!!! Glad to be crafting with you!!!

Love your adorable banner!

Cricut Couple said...

What a fantastic banner! Love all the little details!!!