August 25, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - Creating A Box

Good Day. Well it is back to school time. I can't believe that this summer went so fast. I hope you all had a great time, maybe took a little vacation and went someplace special. I actually was blessed and got to spend a week on the beach as well as a short trip to Chicago to see my family! There is nothing better than spending time with family, is there?
Well today we are going to make a box.... not from TBBM but from any cart that you have a square on it. I used George, you can use what ever you have on your Gypsy. I have received a couple of requests on making boxes in this fashion as once you learn how to maneuver this yo can make just about anything on your Gypsy! So let's get to work. Turn your Gypsy on and grab a cup of coffee...


I know this is a lot to take in, but hang in there you will get it. If you got lost in the tape, rewind and start back where you got lost. It is important to just take this step by step. ONE ADJUSTMENT PLEASE! When you get to making your lid use a measurement of 3.12 instead of the 3.2 that I used. My lid is a little looser than I like it and I think you will enjoy your box more if it is a little secure... not tight, just secure is how you want it.


I enjoyed putting this box together. I must say I spent a lot more time on the lid but I just love how it turned out. Now you can leave yours plain of course or decorate it. Make the box to your taste. Also if you are unsure of how you did, cut it on paper you don't really like for a test and put together. If it fits and looks just the way you want it, then do your final cut on beautiful card stock.
This week I challenge you to make a box and link it up. You can leave it plain or decorated, acetate window or no window. Just make the box and link it up.


Here is a close up of the lid I decorated. Don't you love it? It is so feminine and just sparkles, yet you can still see in the inside of the box.


Now I just used a one sided paper, but for added contrast do a double sided paper. You will love the dramatic effect especially if your paper is a coordinating paper rather than just one color.


See what I mean about the lid.... I really think that I should have made it just a little smaller so it would have a secure fit to it.

Here is another close up of the box, as you can see it came out just perfect. Always remember to score those edges so that you have nice crisp folds like this has.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and will take a little time to watch the videos and make a box of your own. Making a box will give you the skills you need to make just about anything with your Gypsy. So please take the time to make a box of your own. Then don't forget to link is up.
Thank you for joining us today, I hope I have helped you a little along the way. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you! Have a blessed week.

10 comments:

ottersln said...

As always, you inspire me to get creative! Looking forward to seeing what everyone does!

Candy said...

Your little box is gorgeous Sheila! I love all the flowers!
Candy

Audrey Frelx said...

Ooh, Sheila, I love your window box with all the flowers!!!
And, as you know, I too love to make boxes, so I'll probably link up to this challenge project too!!! Gotta go grab up my Gypsy! LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Love the flowers on the top of your box!!!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Beautiful creation - so so pretty. TFS

bev said...

Love your little box Sheila ,and my goodness you do have tanned hands

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Love the layered petal embellishment!

Cricut Couple said...

Oh Wow Sheila! This is just adorable! I hope to have some time to play and see what I can come up with. Your box is just perfection! I love all the flowers!!!

Migdalia said...

WOW!!Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Chriss America Real said...

Oh Shelia,

I had to bookmark this page so I can make this when I have more time this winter! This is so lovely!

Hugs,

Chriss