July 24, 2013

Making Envelopes Of Any Size


I just love making cards and as of late they seem to be getting larger and larger and of varying sizes and shapes. That is all fine and dandy and people love getting handmade cards, but it does create a problem. You need an envelope to place the card in that fits. Well you are going to love this little post as it will take you step by step in making you own envelopes. The only limitation is the size of paper you have to work with.



Now wasn't that easy? And I have to chuckle now as I was so nervous doing this video that I even forgot to use my corner rounder on the little flap area. Bet you didn't know that I get nervous did you? I even made my own little cheat sheet that I typed up and keep at my side as I always forget what step I am on an it makes an easy reference for me. Oh, if you want a copy of my cheat sheet just click HERE for the PDF file.

Here is a close up of the envelope with the card in it and you can see how great it fits. I love being able to have envelops to fit any card. Oh, if you would like instructions for making this card just click HERE.


Here is a close up of the stamped image on my card. I just love the simplicity of stamping the green on green. It looks awesome, don't you think?


And this is how my card looks when it is pulled out of the envelope and they are sitting side by side. Don't you love how well they coordinate? I love it.
Thanks for spending a little time with me today. I hope I have helped you a little today and made it easy for you to make you very own custom envelopes. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to keep sharing with you. Have a blessed day.

22 comments:

papillon digital design said...

The card is so yummy and looks real enough to eat We have all been there making odd sized cards and struggling to get it into an envelope and the video gives so useful instructions. TFS

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing us how to do this Sheila!!! I forget that I have the score board to help me.....I usually tape my cards to the gift or use a too big envelope!

Lisa said...

That card is so realistic. Love the bling as seeds. Thanks for that Sheila, I have so many cards with no envelopes because they are odd sized, or like Lori said, I use a too big envelope. :)

Lisa said...

That card is so realistic. Love the bling as seeds. Thanks for that Sheila, I have so many cards with no envelopes because they are odd sized, or like Lori said, I use a too big envelope. :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Awesome idea~ I love making cards but am very very new to envies!

Candy said...

Very well done Sheila! Love that green on green stamping. Thanks so much for the cheat sheet. As was said before, I too usually just use an oversized envelope. Now my envelopes can be the perfect size and pretty too.
Candy

Java Jen's Creations said...

Thanks so much for this awesome tutorial!!! You, nervous???? Nah!! :-) I LOVE this card!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You always make it look so easy Shelia. Yes, it looks so beautiful, very very nice. I love both the card and the envelope .. Thank you for the tutorial, you always do a wonderful job.. Hugs

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Super cute Sheila!!! Love that watermelon and yes I always need envelopes! GREAT and I too love the green on green - very gorgeous!
Hugs,
M

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Super video tutorial and fabulous card Sheila! TFS

Barb Smith said...

What a great video. Your explanation is so simple that there is truly no reason NOT to make your own envelopes. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share your techniques.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

Hrvatica said...

Great video tutorial.

Charlotte said...

Sheila,

This is such a great video. I need to make more envelopes and this is a great way to get me started.

Charlotte

Vickie said...

I've seen this on Splitcoast stampers and think it's Super cool. Love the stamping on the envelope. What kind of paper did you use as I have tried doing this with regular cardstock and doublesided printed paper and it's hard to fold. Your paper looks like it's lighter weight. TFS and God Bless.

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Thank you for the instructions for making envelopes. I always look forward to your instructional videos! You do a great job explaining the details!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

GabyCreates.com said...

Great instruction on making envelopes Sheila! Love love that watermelon...looks so real!

Carol's Creations said...

This is going to come in handy so much...Thank you so much!

Carol (Carol's Creations)
4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

RockinRenee said...

LOOOVVVEEEE it! So darn cute! Thanks for sharing!

Hank hendricks said...

what stamping you use in these Gift Card envelopes...I need the details.

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!! I am soo very happy to get more Cricut tutorials..seems like all I see now days is the Silouhette-and I have way too many Cricut cartridges to abandon them now!
sherry107

scootingranny said...

Great tutorial. TFS. Can't wait to use this idea. BTW, love the watermelon!!

Hello said...

Just found your site through a friend and I love it. This tutorial is awesome. I made a T-shirt card and didn't have an envelope and this works perfectly! THANK YOU!!!!