June 23, 2012

Gyspy Made Simple - A Fun Shape Card For A Friend



Now this is a FUN card. And it is made directly from Create A Critter. So easy yet just a little tricky as you need to get all your layers just right with that shadow feature. I was blessed to have my Grand Daughter Sydney and daughter Jennifer crafting with me while making these cards. I hope you are ready to make a FUN card too. Let's turn on your Gypsy, grab a cup of coffee, and let's get to work.


Now I want you to pick out a CUTE & FUN image with a shadow feature you use that and play along while I am making this little octopus. See how easy this is. After your image is designed cut it and we will put our cards together.


Wasn't that fun. I just love when I can make cards with others, don't you? It really is easy and a lot of fun as you have someone to talk to and help you along the way. I am beginning to think that is another reason I do these videos is to have someone to scrap with... YOU!


I just love the yummy papers we have to work with on this card. The blue used on the shadow was from DCWV, the pink for the hat is Bazzil that I got at Joann's and the print is from the Pocket Full of Posies stack from DCWV and just regular white card stock for the skull and piping on the hat.

Here is a close up of the hat. I just love the piping on it, don't you?

The stamping is from a stamp set from My Craft Spot...

Now isn't this just the cutest little Pirate? I just love how fun these cards are, they just put a smile on your face just looking at them. This little card is going to my friend Chris at Chatterscene. Chis is not feeling up to par and like all of us when we do not feel well, could use some encouraging words. I sure wish you would make a card for her and send it to me and I will send all the cards out to Chris as I am sure it will make her feel special and loved. As I can't give out her address please send them to me and I will forward them on to Chris. Send them to:
Cards for Chris
c/o Sheila McShea
3005 Stonecreek Trace
Helena, AL 35080

This is a photo of the whole card standing up. Isn't it just too cute? I love it and I know it will put a smile on Chris's beautiful face. She is just the sweetest lady! I challenge you to make a card to cheer someone up that you love this week and to make a duplicate of that card to send to me for Chris. Link the card up so we can see your fun card. I will take all cards that I receive with a return address on them and choose 1 lucky envelope to win this great stamp set. Please mail all your cards and I will choose that lucky winner from cards received by July 11th.  All her cards will be mailed on July 12, and so will this great prize. The winner will be announced on Saturday morning the 14th. Not only will you cheer up one of your own loved ones you will cheer up Chris and that really means a lot to me, and I thank you for that.
Thank you for joining me today with this fun little project and please take the time to make a card for Chris. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me to continue sharing with you. Have a blessed week.

9 comments:

Karons Krafty Korner said...

I really love you card Sheila and the papers you used were awesome. Have linked the card I made. TFS

Leah said...

Your card is so sweet! I love Create a Critter, one of my fav carts...you did such a great job!

Amy said...

That is a darling card!

Java Jen's Creations said...

What an adorable card!!! So cute!! I will definitely be making a card for you to send to Chris!! Just got back from vacation so I'm ready to get crafty again!! :-)

Nicole said...

This card is so sweet!! I have the Create a Critter Cart. But have not used it near enough!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun card! Thank you, Shelia! I love your helpful and motivational Gypsy videos!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
cccscraproom@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Sheila, this is adorable! I never think to use patterned paper for animals, but it makes them so cute! Thanks for sharing your card!
Evelyn

Cricut Couple said...

This card is precious Sheila! So adorable!!!

TheTulipCollector said...

I just got back and saw this. I will work on this project tomorrow.