June 30, 2012

Gypsy Made Simple - 3 Fold Card - Puppy

Good day! Time to join me for Gypsy Made Simple where we learn to make all types of projects. This is such a fun little card to make and is sure to put a smile on the recipients face. I used my 3 Fold template and then added the artwork from Create A Critter. Now if you don't have that cart just use any cart you like to make a card. Now grab a cup of coffee, turn on your Gypsy, download this TEMPLATE, and let's get to work. Note the template is made from George. If you don't have that cart you will need to make your own base by making your own from a cart you have.



Now follow along as I take you step by step in the process of designing this card. Remember work with the page that says Empty and that you are looking at the INSIDE of the card. That is important as you will flip your art used on the base only and you will place your paper on the mat accordingly (front down, inside up).



Now that you have your card cut you can easily see how it gets put together. Make sure you score where the sections meet, and take the time to make all your pieces are inked and accentuated before you lay them down. Also make sure you do not use pop dots or foam tape on the inside section as you want your card to lay flat.

Look at the little heart in the word smile, I used a white gel pen and then added glitter so the card would have a little bling on it.

Again I used the gel pen to ad a little motion to my puppy... isn't he just too cute?

I used my Close To My Heart Olive ink pad on the roof line and around the edges of my sentiment area. Then I just added a few dots on the house to make it pop.

This is how the card looks when it is standing.... isn't it just too cute.


Here is a photo of both of the cards together. I was amazed at how fast they actually came together.
I how you enjoyed today's post, I sure enjoyed my time with you. This week I challenge you to make one of these cards and link it up. HERE is the template you just add you favorite items from any cart of your choice on the page marked Empty. Then link up your card so we can see what you did.
Thank your form your sweet sweet words of encouragement. You comments inspire me to continue to share with you.

15 comments:

ottersln said...

Good morning! I am getting a message that says this video is private.

MLiss3 said...

Sheila, I tried to watch the video-it came up that it was private. Have never seen that before.

CrafteA said...

Love the card! I was able to see the video but it's (as my grand daughter would say) up-a-side-down. LOL

The Cropping Canuck said...

Super cute card!

The video is working for me.

Migdalia said...

I love this card because it is so adorable!!!I am definetly trying this out!!!I made your Get Well card and made adjustments on size and since I did not have the carts that you used I went through my other carts and found the 2.I will share on my blog and let you know...Thanks again for this wonderful and adorable card...I am so in love with it!!!You are so AMAZING!!!TFS

Leah said...

Oh! This is SO, so cute! I love the papers and colors you chose and the card shape couldn't be more perfect with that adorable puppy:)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

So wish I had time to sit down and play along with you this morning, hoping to come back late and try it.. I always love to wach your videos..
Hugs

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Sheila - these are so adorable! I love that red paper with these pups! So so cute!
Hugs,
M
Miss you!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

This is so adorable Sheila - TFS

magicwanda said...

Great job Sheila, I really like the papers you choose too!

Larelyn said...

Oh my, Sheila, that is just the cutest card. I love that it's a trifold andd I love the doghouse shape too.
FANTASTIC, my friend.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Swing Phi Swing said...

I love the dog house. How did you get your cartridge books on your Fire and can I put them on my IPad. Please email me at swingphi@aol.com.

papillon digital design said...

Love the dog house card. So so cute. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

This 3-fold card is just so adorable and that little puppy is just the cutest!

Cricut Couple said...

This is just precious Sheila! I love it!