April 18, 2012

Book Marks For A Quick Little Gift

Good morning! I have to share a little project that I made to share with the ladies at my up coming card party. I always like to send my guests home with a couple of little gifts and this time I was stumped for what to do that wouldn't take a ton of time.... You see I have to get my cards ready yet and I don't have a lot of spare time before the party. So I quickly laid out 8 book marks on my Gypsy from the Art Philosophy cart and chose my paper and supplies.

I chose the papers from the Footloose Paper Pack, used Under The Sea stamp set, with Creme Brulee ink pad, Lagoon ink pads, along with my Acrylic blocks, and Sponge Daubers.

I cut all the pieces and inked all the edges while I spoke with my mother on the phone. We had a great visit and this was done in no time and before I realized it I was ready to stamp each marker. After I used the Lagoon ink for the fish then I used the Sponge Dauber to color in their little fish faces. I just love this little set. I wanted to use Stickles but thought it best not to as I didn't want their Bibles and books full of glitter.

I then assembled each marker putting the ribbon down first using my ATG gun, taping and then adhering the white decorated top. In no time at all the eight were fully assembled.
Here is a close up of the whale book marker..... aren't they adorable. Now you could color these in with your markers but I chose just to highlight them with the daubers for a softer look.

And here is the little Angel fish book marker, I just love how it turned out. I am sure the ladies will love these little markers too, they are just in time for summer. I can see using these on the beach or in the backyard by the pool.... I like to read while I am basking in the sunlight. teehee
I hope you enjoyed today's fun little project. I sure enjoyed making them and really hope the ladies will love it too. Thanks for your sweet sweet words. Your comments inspire me to keep sharing with you.

9 comments:

lindagk23 said...

Oh your bookmarkers look so awesome! I know the ladies will love them! Love your blog and get so much inspiration! TFS! lindagk23ataoldotcom

Lisa said...

What a great gift idea. They turned out adorable. I love how you just highlighted the stamped images.

Angi Barrs said...

Great idea. I should make some for my students. :)

Brenda said...

Your book marks are adorable Sheila!! I love to read while warming my bones in the sun too!

Java Jen's Creations said...

These bookmarks are adorable!! I absolutely love the papers and colors you chose! So much wonderful detail on each one! You rock! :-)

Cricut Couple said...

How cute are these?!? I just got that stamp set and can't wait to get time to play with it! YAY!

Charlotte C said...

Love these, Sheila. I will have to get some little fishes for my collection.

GabyCreates.com said...

Great bookmarks and how wonderful of you to make these for your guests!

Audrey Frelx said...

Adorable bookmarks!