February 25, 2012

Card Party Scrapbook Pages & Weekly Challenge



It is just so nice to stay on top of your scrapping! I just love it! These pages started out by really giving me a hard time but wit a little persisitance and trial and error I think they turned out great! The design was great but I really do have a hard time picking out just the right paper. These papers are from SEI and they are gorgeous..... they just compete with the gorgeous women in the photos!


I try to be so organized for my pages but every now and then you just need to work out the details after you cut your pages. As you can see from this video I need to mat the photos to give it a calmer look.

Here are the pages on my Gypsy woman. As you can see I used a 12x24" mat and it worked great. I was going to use a banner on the right side and I  didn't use every cut as it would have been too much.
Here are six of the seven ladies at the party (I didn't get a photo of myself) having a great time. We scrapped for hours... I couldn't beleive that everyone stayed until 11:30 that night. See what happens when you are having fun!
Hereis the right side of the two page layout.
After I put together my pages I took the photos of the cards we made and the photos I didn't use and covered every bit of my album pages. I used a black Copic marker and wrote on the photos so that I would always remember who designed each card.
I laid the banner that I didn't us on my layout on the left photo page and it looked great. I still need to tack it down.
Here is the right side of the photo pages. I am just so excited that those 4 pages are done... the best part of a scrapbook are all the completed pages, don't you think?
I sure hope you enjoed today's pages and really consider working on you pages too. This week I challenge you to do a page or a card or a craft and incorporate a photo in it! Then link it up. One lucky lady chosen by Random.org will win a set of Studio 12 stamps. Just link up by 4PM on Friday March 1st  to qualify. The winner will be announced on Saturday morning.
Thank you for joining us today and for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to share with you.

14 comments:

Charlotte C said...

Thank you for starting off my Saturday with a smile. Love your layout. I too have had the hassle of beautiful but busy background paper, and I too like to put lots of pictures on my pages. Okay, so now I'm inspired to try to bring my albums up to date. Thanks again.

Evette K. said...

Great pages!!! Yes when u are with a group of great gals the time does fly. Our once per month crop goes that way every month. We all love it.

Brenda said...

awww what a fun layout!!!
hugs
Brenda

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Such great photos and wonderful layout pages! What is not to love!!!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love your layouts!! The pink title really pops!

Unknown said...

Wanted to add it looks like you ladies had a blast!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love love your layout Shelia.. i will have to come back a little later and watch your videos.. i signed up to follow you on Linky, i hope you will sign up on my blog to follow me on linky too.. hugs from ukiah

Anonymous said...

Sheila I love your lo:) I wish I could have been there with you all.

I have something on my blog for you!

Audrey Frelx said...

Yes, Sheila, six beautiful ladies in the pictures and a beatiful lady who had to be a fantastic hostess!!! Everyone looks to be having a great time!!!

The layout is great, and I surely wish I could have been there (hopefully, one day...)

Hugs!

Unknown said...

So fun! I can't wait until our next one! I'll keep you posted!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

loved your video Sheila.. and again your layouts are FABULOUS.. i love how you made a collage out of the one side. FUN FUN .. hugs

lovemypaper said...

Super cute layout!

TinaGAle said...

Love your layout and you scrap a lot like me. I love to use my gypsy to design but I seldom end up with it just the way I designed it. LOL that's the fun of scrapbooking

http://tiggersscrapplace.blogspot.com

Candy said...

Wonderful layout, Sheila! Love all those elements and your title is awesome... I need to use my Gypsy more often!!!Looks you ladies had a great time!!!

Candy