January 23, 2012

I Am "Yorkie" To Love

Hey y'all! Happy Monday! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you on this chilly day to share a project I have created. As many of you know, I am the proud owner of one of the cutest Yorkshire Terriers you'll ever see (Tee Hee)....little Miss Katie Scarlett. She is like my child and is pampered like you wouldn't believe! Here she is...
Well, to celebrate my love of Yorkies and that love-filled holiday coming up...I decided to create a little notecard gift set. This gift set will be given to a friend of mine who also owns a Yorkie...a Yorkie who happens to be Katie Scarlett's boyfriend! His name is Peyton and he is the most beautiful Yorkie boy ever! So Katie Scarlett will be sending this little gift along with a card to him for Valentine's Day. You'll have to excuse my attempt at humor...LOL!

 "I Am 'Yorkie' To Love" Notecard Gift Baggie

Supplies Used
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Core'dinations
Pre-Made Cards: My Mind's Eye
Bitty Bag, Crinkle Ribbon: My Craft Spot
Alphabet Stickers: Jillibean Soup, Momenta, The Paper Studio
Rhinestones: Studio G
Decorative Edge Scissors: Fiskars
Hole Punch: Crop-A-Dile
Electronic Cutting Machine: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Software: Cricut Gypsy, Sure Cuts A Lot (Craft Edge)
Cartridge: Gypsy Wanderings, Home Decor'
SVG: made the Yorkie svg myself
Adhesive: Helmar, ZIG Glue Pen

This gift baggie, which is a bitty bag from Kimberly over at My Craft Spot, holds 5 personalized notecards. I used some decorative edged scissors to cut the bitty bag down to the size I needed. I used some crinkle ribbon (also from MCS) to tie off the top. Here is the front of my project:
 The 'key' is from the Gypsy Wanderings Cricut cartridge and the 'love' sentiment is from the Home Decor' Cricut cartridge. I used a mixture of alphabet stickers for the rest.
 When you turn the project over, I have a cute little Yorkie that I created. I found this Yorkie online through a free clip art search. I then used Inkscape to make it into an SVG and Sure Cuts A Lot to cut it with my Cricut. Isn't it a cute little Yorkie?
 I added a little rhinestone to the bow for a bit of glitz and glamour...just like my Katie Scarlett would wear! She is such a little diva!
 There are 3 of these notecards in the bag. I used a 'P' alphabet sticker on each of the to stand for 'Peyton.'
 There are 2 of this pattern in the bag.
 I love these pre-printed notecards from My Mind's Eye. They brought some color and pattern to my project. I sure hope Peyton and his Mommy will enjoy these.
 And to finish off today's post, I had to end with some more cuteness....Tee hee! This is Katie Scarlett striking a pose in her ruffle butt jammies!
I hope you have enjoyed this project and that it will inspire you to get crafty this week! Thanks so much for visiting us at "She's A Sassylady!" Come by and see us again soon!

Happy Scrappin'!!!
Aymee

12 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Aymee this card is just as cute as can be, and little Katie Scarlett is adorable ! love on the bling on the card . thanks for joining us today .

papillon digital design said...

Cute card and adorable yorkie! Look at her all dressed up! TFS

Angi Barrs said...

Awwwww Katie Scarlett is just sooooo darn cute. Love her sassy dress. :) And I love your bitty bag and cards. This made me smile today. :)

Barb Smith said...

Too cute! You are really enjoy Katie Scarlett. I love the little yorkie image. TFS.

Barb from Toronto, Canada

GabyCreates.com said...

Cute! as well as the set of cards! TFS

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my - one adorably cute and spoiled pup!!! Love it - and a gorgeous project too!
Hugs,
M

Bunnyfreak said...

Adorable!!

ShersL84bed said...

So cute. Where do you order her clothes from? She is a little doll.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

Cricut Couple said...

Oh My! This is, not only beautiful, but totally perfect for Katie Scarlett! How amazing!!!

Unknown said...

What a cutie!! She is toooo precious!
Celestial Things

Theresa said...

Katie is just too sweet! We also have a Yorkie, named Rascal. He really is a character, my little man. Great project.

Beth said...

Oh my word, I bet she loves being dressed up to. Super cute card and pun.

aka thunderbirdlindy