January 21, 2012

Be Mine Pocket Card

Don't you just love to make pretty things? Well that is what I think about today's card.... it is just pretty. Today we will be revisiting the pocket card and turning it into a Valentine card that will hold little bags of candy. You know you need to be creative with cards when you family lives so far away! This card was actually my daughter's idea. I just took her ideas and in a matter of a few minutes designed this cute little pocket card. She picked out the pattern paper and we used only a sheet. I wish I could tell you who it is from as it is so pretty, but I forgot to ask Jen. The glitter paper is from that $2.97 stack I purchased and she only used 1 sheet. The pink is Coordination's stock that was on sale 5 sheets for $1 at Joann's. So you see with a very little amount of cash you can produce these cards. The big expense was the candy, and that was little of nothing $2.99 for a bag and she only used half of that.


Now the first thing I did was go to the Tea Time card I made 2 weeks ago (HERE is the URL to that post if you want to see it again) and adjust my Gypsy file for the new card. You really need to follow along and do this on your own so that you get used to altering cards of your own or from files that you have downloaded from sites like mine. Note I will provide this Be Mine file at the bottom of this post.


This is how you put this card together.... so simple you will love it.

This is how the card looks from the front, as you can see it is a wonderfully simple design, great for mass producing.

This is the inside of the card... see it even offers plenty of room to write or stamp a sentiment on it.
Another close up....
Now I sure hope you like this weeks post and took the time to watch the videos so that you too could learn how to make these awesome cards. Click on BE MINE for the Gypsy card file and remember you can alter it if you do not have the Mickey Font just by following the directions in the first video.
This week I Challenge you to make a Valentine Card or Valentine Page. A lovely lady took the time to write me to remind me that we need to do layouts and you know what she is right and in the near future I will be spending more time on layouts and catching up with my scrap booking. I just like to start the new year with plenty of cards to mail to friends and family. So use the Valentine theme and make something and link it up! Let's see what you do. I just love to learn from each of you too. Just this week I have started following 20 new blogs! So much talent out there, I just love it.
Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you!

15 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love the shiny heart! Adorable!

Lisa said...

That's beautiful Sheila, I have to work today but when I get home, I will participate ;) Thanks for sharing your project.

ClaireR said...

Great pocket card. Love the background paper. Will have to try making a pocket card and entering it into your challenge :)
TFS!
Claire
www.threewaterscreations.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the idea of this pocket card...the glittery be mine is so cute too! Another wonderful design!
Hugs,
M

Jan said...

Love the card! It's a perfect valentine. Coordinations has the best glitter paper.

Krafthead said...

Very pretty! I love that heart :) Thanks for the challenge..linked my page. Have a wonderful day :)

JJewel said...

What a great pocket card. I love the design and the candy!!

Maria said...

Love this pocket card. It's perfect for a Valentine gift!

Charlotte C said...

Another great inspiration. I hadn't seen the tea time card/tutorial until this morning, but I can't wait to try this pocket card. The pocket would probably be good to use for some money or a gift card too, I'll bet.
Thanks, Sheila.

Charlotte said...

Sheila, I love this card. Sheila, you just do a wonderful job creating new designs on your gypsy. It was so much fun making it at the card party!! I am still so excited about our card making party and look forward to the next.
Charlotte

Unknown said...

So cute! The inside is genius :)

Glitter Panda said...

Love it...thanks so much for sharing...I am a new follower!

marg0006 said...

Thanks for the fun challenge. Grea cards.
marg0006@verizon.net

ShersL84bed said...

THanks so much for stopping by my blog. I love this challenge!
Your pocket card is darling.
Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Got2BCrafting said...

Love your card.... so sweet! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I have entered my pocket card for your challenge! :)
Lori