December 17, 2011

CHRISTMAS MEMORIES MINI ALBUM

Happy Saturday, everyone! Are we all ready for Christmas?! I'm gettin' there! :-) Java Jen here from Java Jen Creations !  Once again, I am so honored to be here and share my simple project with you all! Thanks, Sheila!

Back in October,  I made a mini album based on Heidi Swapp's tutorial on My Craft Channel. For her tutorial click HERE ! This time, I'm using what I think is the easiest version of her albums. Basically, you just pick papers and adhere them back to back until you have as many pages in your album that you want.

Here is a pic of my completed mini album:
I used a retired paper pack from Creative Memories called Candy Cane. All of the Cricut cuts are from the Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge. I also used the Creative Memories tag punch and corner rounder. 
For the cover, cut an 8.5"x12" piece of solid card stock. This makes the album size 8.5"x6".  The inside pages are printed papers from the kit and are cut to 8"x11.5" so that when the book is closed the pages don't hang over the edge.  
Here are pics of how I embellished the pages with photo mats made from paper in the Candy Cane kit. There were also card stock stickers in this kit. 
The Cricut cuts dimensions are as follows:
"memories" ticket and layers: 2.29"
present and layers: 1.59"
snowflake and layers: 1.59"
snowman and layers: 2.65"
tree and layers: 2.65"









See - told you it was a simple project! :-) Hope you are inspired to make some precious memories this Christmas season! 
Sheila here, didn't you just love Jen's Mini Album? Today I challenge you to share a Christmas Project with us... ANY thing Christmas, just link it up. This week I will be giving away another stamp set to one lucky person. I will use random.org to pick a winner from one of our link up entries. Now you can link up a new project each day if you want for more chances to win! I just love these link ups don't you? You can see so many wonderful projects and I have started following some awesome blogs too. Now be sure to link up!

16 comments:

Nicole said...

This is so cute. You have given me so many cute ideas for quick homemade gifts I can give to family. I am 8 months pregnant, but still wanted to give some homemade gifts to family and friends, so I need something easy, but fabulous and this is perfect! I just have a question...how are the books binded together? I tried to look at the Heidi video, but I guess I missed it or didn't get it. Thanks!!
~Nicole
croppinmommadesigns@wowway.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Jen this book is just as cute as it can be. Like Nicole said it will make wonderful Christmas gifts for people. I like the papers you chose and all your pages are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us today.

Granny said...

Your book is very pretty, I like the papers paterns and colors you chose. My favorite page is the one with the little reindeer on it.

Jenscrapstoo said...

Love this book...I just might have to scraplift!! I have linked a chrissy projects too!! Cheers jendewar at optusnet.com.au

GabyCreates.com said...

Great idea and lovely mini! I too love the little reindeer! cute!

Lisa said...

What a cute little book, love all the papers and the stickers are adorable.

Brenda said...

what an adorable mini!
hugs
Brenda

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How cute is that mini... i don't have that cartridge... thinking that needs to be on my wish list.

Unknown said...

Hello Sheila. Thank you for the challenge. Always so inspired by your work and your blog;)

bevanjenn said...

Basically, you just aces affidavit and attach them back to aback until you accept as abounding pages in your anthology that you want.

Midwest Scrapbook

Rosie said...

love it

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

marg0006 said...

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.
marg0006@verizon.net

Annette said...

Beautiful mini! Thanks for the challenge. Glad I could play too:)

Candy said...

Fabulous mini! Merry Christmas to you all!
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

What a cute mini -- great job!

Sherrie K. said...

I was hoping to get over here and link up by 4 but just got home and I was a bit late....next time! Thanks so much for stopping over to my blog and inviting me to link my project. Hope to play next time! Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com