November 26, 2011

Snowmanlover's Letters to Santa Gift Card Tutoria! Weekly Challenge

Snowmanlover's Letters to Santa Gift Card/Candy Card Tutorial!  


 
HI! I am Barbara Gornick from Snowmanlover's Paperie! 
I am so very honored to be a Guest on 
Sheila's She's a Sassy Lady Blog!

I am an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and blog daily, sharing ideas on how to make Cards and fun Paper Projects! I absolutely love my "job" and get to play with paper all day! I reach most of my customers, via my BLOG. I am from the Midwest and transplanted in Dallas, but my customers are from all over the Country! They can either order on my Online Store or become involved in one of my Long Distance Hostess Clubs, Ribbon Shares, Card Kits, Etc. or just enjoy my Blog for inspiration! I love sharing my love of Stampin' Up! and Card Making and Paper Crafts!


I have created a TUTORIAL with 7 different Gift/Candy Cards and a bonus box!


Today, I am going to give you a "Sneaky Peek" and share with you how to make the the 1st Card from my Letters to Santa Tutorial. All supplies featured, are from Stampin' Up! and can be purchased HERE at my store!

I call this my "Snowmanlover Pop Open Card"
It is really super easy and fun to make and is sure to surprise it's recipient! 

First score 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 Cherry Cobbler Card Stock at 2" and 6 1/4" going down

Next turn the card stock 90 degrees and score at the 8" mark. Where the scored lines meet, cut those out. I have scored them with an "X".



 It should look like this


Next take your 12x12 patterned piece of Double Sided designer paper from the Letters to Santa Designer Paper pack, using the piece with the Santa...

and cut it like this.  The Santa part is 7 3/4" x 1 3/4".
Next cut the side pieces from the extra paper at 7 3/4" long  x 1 3/4" wide

So it looks like this when adhered with tape runner adhesive

Add the "Naughty and Nice" with some Silver Brads

When you flip the flap up, add the other side of the double sided green Santa paper. I cut it at 2x 4 " and placed it on the flap

Now you need to create a "Belly Band" to enclose the card



For the Belly Band cut a piece of Early Expresso Card Stock at 2 1/4" x 9". Wrap around the card and fold as you go and you can also score the lines.
Cut out the "he's gonna find out who's" at 2x4"
Add Silver Brads. Adhere with Adhesive.


To close up your card, close your side flaps, then the fold the bottom flap up and add the belly band around the bottom part


Just tuck a Gift Card inside or add some candy to the outside and tie a gorgeous bow around the card!


All supplies needed for this card:
Letters to Santa Designer Paper #111349
1 sheet 8.5 x 11" sheet of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock # 119685
1 sheet 8.5 x 11" Early Expresso Card Stock # 119686
26 " of Cherry Cobbler 1 1/4" Striped Ribbon $125056
Silver Brads #104336 (optional)
Simply Scored Scoring Tool # 122334 (optional)
All supplies are available at my blog HERE.
Here is another example of my "Snowmanlover Pop Open Card", using another sheet from this darling, Letters to Santa Designer Paper pack from Stampin' Up! I used the sheet with the large ornaments on it. Each package of Designer Paper comes with 12 double sided sheets of paper in 6 designs.






Thank you for stopping by and checking out my "Snowmanlover Pop Open Cards" 


To view more of my Cards, with 6 Other styles, from this Tutorial, please click HERE.


I truly hope you come visit me on my Snowmanlover's Blog, often! I try to update my blog daily and on Sundays, I have a "Simply Sunday" post featuring non craft related topics with yummy recipes and at times just a bit of whimsy!


You can check out some other great Christmas Cards made from more Stampin' Up! Designer Packs and other fun projects by stopping by my Blog! 






Please stop by my Blog HERE to check out my
 Awesome Christmas Give Away!
{thru November 30th!}
Thanks for stopping by and  thank you, dear Sheila! 



This is Sheila and This week I Challenge you to make a Christmas Item of ANY kind and link it up! It must be made of paper. This weeks winner will receive a Personalized Monogramed Note card set (color may vary). All you need to do is click the little link below and follow the directions to be entered in this weeks challenge. You have until 4PM December 2nd to enter your project. I can't wait to see what you made. Barb offered us plenty of ideas and a great tutorial to take off from. I hope you all leave her plenty of blog love and maybe we can get her to come back and visit us someday soon.

Photobucket 

13 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Gorgeous creations and so many fabulous ideas. Thanks for sharing with us Barb!
Hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Love your cards!! You do beautiful work!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great cards Barb. You have to love those rich colors on the papers you chose and the cards are just awesome. Thanks for sharing with us this week.

CathyinMN said...

Barb, love your cards! Thanks for the tutorial!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I loved your gift card Barb, so adorable. Thank you for sharing your adorable ideas ... Hugs from Ukiah

Snowmanlover said...

Dear Sheila, Thank you so much for having me!!! It was fun to join in on your fun blog! I am honored! Thank you!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Awesome cards!! I love unique cards like these! Thanks for the great tutorial!!

SherriC. said...

Hi Barb, your cards is just so cute!!!
I look forward to visiting your blog for more tutorials....
TFS!!!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Hi Barbara, I have visited your blog previously and love your work. Great to have you here on SASL! Love the color palette you utilized and what great cards and gift card!

Cricut Couple said...

Wow Barb! Every single one is just stunning! TFS!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Barb! These are great!!! All of them are beautiful cards!!! And what beautiful papers!!!

Larelyn said...

Wonderful ideas and thanks Sheila for allowing us to join in the fun.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

THese are beautiful and thank you so much for the challenge!
Lisa