July 12, 2011

Robot Readers

Hi Everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations! I am happy to share fun project for kiddos today! Having trouble getting kids excited about reading?!?!? I homeschool my oldest son Alexander.  I am always looking for ways to get him excited about school- especially reading. Here is my solution!
 I cut these robots from Robot Party (layers with Real Size Off) at 1.75 inches using my Imagine Pattern cartridge Blast Off for the paper.  I assembled the Robots adding details such as Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Black for the wheels and eyes and Glow in The Dark paint for small details like buttons and knobs.  Even though you can't see the Glow in The Dark in my pics- believe me! They GLOW! This really got my Alexander excited!
After all the details dried, I added a painted lollipop sticks to the back with hot glue.
 Now he can use them like a pointer to follow along with the words while he reads.  Thank you as always for following and subscribing at She's A Sassy Lady! I would love for you to stop by my personal blog at http://www.217Creations.com to follow and subscribe as well.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

These are so so cute. I love everything that helps out the little ones when it comes to reading
Great idea
Hugs
Stacy

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

These are adorable and what a great idea to help children out. My daughter had a problem with her eyes jumping all the time and was required to point at the word when she read. Ideas like this would have made things easier for her. Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and so cute. This would have helped my children when they were younger! TFS
Sue

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Cute project! Any way to get kids to read more is just fantastic! Great little robots!
Hugs,
M

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a great idea.. and they are so so cute... thanks for sharing.

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this project!! What a great idea!!!

Granny said...

This is a wonderful idea to get children reading. TFS

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Wonderful for the little ones that don't liek to read.
Nancy

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

What adorable robots!!! Reminds me of the Jetson"s maid. She only had one wheel. I never knew why she didn't fall over.

Amy said...

What an adorable project--this gives me so many ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Dan and Heather said...

Great idea, I will have to try this for our children. TFS