April 25, 2011

Pitchin' A Tent

Hi y'all! Happy Monday! Aymee Gandy of 'A Scraphappy Southernbelle' here with you today to share a few cards. First, I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter holiday with your families and friends! Did you snap lots of pix of the kiddies hunting eggs? Those always make the best scrapbook layouts!

Anyways, have you ever been in need of a few cards but you are short on time? I know I have found myself in this predicament many times. Well, I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers on making 'tent cards' and decided to give it a try! I love any type of card that will prop itself up, like easel cards, so this technique is definitely going into my list of favorites! If you would like to check out the tutorial on how to create an 'tent card' go HERE or http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/tentcard/ for full instructions! I promise they are so easy to follow and you'll have cards created in no time flat!

I was able to create the following 2 cards in about 20 minutes! That is for both cards too! I have never been able to create that fast and am so glad I did because my card stash is running low! I hope to make some more of these this week. For full supply lists, you can visit my blog if you are interested in the supplies I used.

Here is my first tent card...
 See how when opened the card props itself up like a tent?
 Now, since these cards do not open like your standard card, you will need somewhere to write/stamp your sentiment. I chose to do this on the back. I just cut another 4x4" piece of white cardstock and stamped it with my personalized stamp. When I'm ready, I will write my message to the recipient here.
Here is another tent card I created in a matter of minutes. I did the same thing on the back of this card as the card above. I can't wait to send these out!
I hope you will give 'tent' cards a try! They are amazingly easy and FUN!!! Have a fabulous week! And Happy Scrappin' to ya!

Aymee

7 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Such beautiful little cards. It is great that you could make 2 in just twenty minuted. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

WOW.. 2 cards in 20 minutes (and they are beautiful).. I hate to say how long it takes me to make a card..

Anonymous said...

These cards are adorable. TFS
Sue

Anonymous said...

Perfect and you are right...we always need a card! And I love this style as well! These are so cute that I can see why you are excited to make more..can't wait to see them!

SherriC. said...

these are really really cute!!!
TFS!!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Such pretty cards, Aymee!

Jeannie said...

Aymee,
I absolutely love these cards! I may just have to scraplift them. They will definitely pull me out of my "no mojo" funk! TFS.