February 18, 2011

March Calendar


















Hi Everyone, Happy Friday, this is Lisa from Lisa's Craft Room for my turn to design. Thank you for dropping by. Thank you Sheila for having me again.
I've had Designer's Calendar for so long and have not used it yet, I was wracking my brain on what to make and decided that I would make a calendar.
I went by my house calendar to mark special dates, isn't it funny how all calendars have different things with the exception of the major holidays?

Here is the frame.

On March 4th there is a new moon, I also added a handmade crocheted flower that I got from a sweet blogger's grandmother, isn't it so cute, (she did a wonderful job on them), I also added a button with twine.














the 9th is Ash Wednesday














the 12th, the Girls Scouts were founded in 1912 so I cut out a circle and put brown dots to resemble a chocolate chip cookie














the 13th, we change the clocks, spring ahead, YAY

the 17th is St. Patrick's Day














the 19th is a full moon so I added a clear stone


















I cut out the phrase in dark green and white, then glimmer misted it lime green and just added a little ribbon
the green flower started off as a cream colored die cut, I first sprayed it with water to make it pliable, then patted it with a paper towel so it was just damp, used a stylus to roll it up into the flower, glued the bottom and sprayed it with glimmer mist, then glued a pearl in the middle, isn't it pretty? When it dries, it's stiff and almost resembles the feel of wood. I also added little gems, self adhesive heart stickers and a button to the calendar.


























Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your visits and comments ;) Thank you again Sheila.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Adore all your creative touches ... perfect! Really like how you made the flower. I'm going to try that! Thanks for sharing.

papillon digital design said...

Love the little sprinkles to decorate the calender. TFS

Anonymous said...

Totally sweet!
I just adore all the symbols you've used! And really...I was like, how right are you! I have a new calendar (my DH made it for Xmas) and with NO holidays on it! Ahhh! This is the cutest idea and thanks so much for sharing! (p.s. my fav is the Girl Scout cookie!)

Barb Craft said...

Great project! I love all the little extras you included!
barb :)

Unknown said...

What a great calendar!! I love all of the special days you included and the symbols you came up with!!

Bamabel said...

Your calendar is so cute and festive! Beautifully done!

Audrey Frelx said...

Lisa, I saw this on your blog!!! You did an awesome job!

I've never used my cart either, now I'm ready to take a look at it!!! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration.

GabyCreates.com said...

Lisa you are just making me wish I had purchased this cart yesterday...mhhhh, I had it in my online cart, but decided to wait... maybe not~ Great project!

Cathy said...

Nice job and nice little personal touches.
Cathy
mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww what a great idea. I'm so lovin' the calendar. :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your calendar Lisa and all the little symbols on the various dates. And I am with you on the clock change!!! Thanks for sharing with us.