February 20, 2011

Brianna's Hand Made - Home Made Guitar!! AWESOME!

This is Brianna's little guitar she made for a school project. I am just so proud of her and the GREAT job she did. I can't believe this is a second grade project. She did this with a little help from Mom and Dad. Mom helped with the shopping but Dad showed Brianna how to work the tools! He helped her all along the way but as you can see from the photos, Brianna made this beautiful guitar.
They started by cutting a hole in one of those wooded boxes you see in the craft stores.

Here is Brianna and her dad getting the handle ready. Dad shows and then she gets to have hands on.... cool heh?
Brianna get the handle ready for placement.
After the hole was cut the attached the handle with glue and let it dry.
Getting ready for the strings.
Time for painting.
Looks better in every photo.
You have to have the B for Brianna at the top!
Hurry up and dry so the next coat can go on!
It's coming together now!
All that is left is to add the strings and play a little tune!
And finally Brianna gets to play this AWESOME GUITAR that she made with a little help from her Dad! I am sure you will all agree Brianna did great.
Thanks for joining us today and I sure hope you like today's project brought to you by my 8 year old grand daughter Brianna. Thank you so much for your sweet, sweet words of encouragement for Brianna, I am sure they will inspire her along the way.
signature

17 comments:

GabyCreates.com said...

WOW Briana!! You did an AMAZING job!!! How wonderful to be creative at an early age! And how wonderful it is to have parents and grandparents to help you along the way!! -- that is the best!
I know that as you grow and see this posting is going to provide you many smiles!

Peggy T. said...

Great work, Briana. Looks like you inherited the creative genes that run in your family. If you're doing this kind of work when you're only 8, I can't wait to see what you create when you're older. Fabulous project.

Scraps and Stitches MadeByAnne said...

What an impressive project! I can't believe how cool that guitar turned out. Briana can be really proud of her work!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yeah Briana!!!!! My gosh you are one talented girl! Your project just knocks my socks off! Only 8????? I'm thinking talent runs in your family!

Keep up the great work!

And, I love that your parents and grandma are so helpful!

A Rup Life said...

What a great project!! Great job Briana!

Bamabel said...

How neat!!

Stacy said...

Brianna,
Wow. I love your guitar!! You did a fantabulous job
Hugs
Stacy

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Brianna, Grandpa and Grandma are sooooo proud of you. This is such a great project and to think you made it on your own just amazes us! FANTASTIC! Love you!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Brianna, this is just an amazing project that you have done. You did a beautiful job on it.

Unknown said...

Great Job Brianna!! I am so surprised you didn't tell us about this last night when we were talking about how well you are doing in school. I am very proud of you!

Marjorie said...

Brianna, I am a music teacher and I am VERY impressed with your project. You did a great job. A+

Beverly said...

Very beautiful Brianna you did an awesome job and you should be very proud of yourself...

Anna said...

WOW Brianna how amazing!!! Just wonderful. You have to be so proud. I see an A+ in your future :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome guitar, Brianna!!! Very creative & crafty!! You go, girl!

Barb Craft said...

This is darling! I love the step by step photos of how it was made! Very clever idea using the wooden box!
barb :)

hilda'scraftylounge said...

Wow now that's a serious craft She's so into it and it turned out awesome !! Great Job !!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Sheila, I am so glad I got back to see this post!!! Brianna did a fantastic job!!! Wow!!! I'm truly impressed!