January 10, 2011

Vintage Valentine - Make your own Paper Lace Die-Cut!

I saw a picture of a Paper lace page background in a scrapbook magazine and thought it would be fun to try on a smaller scale! (Heart Shape)

Hey everyone, this is Kimberly and I am so excited that it is my turn to share another project with you!  Be sure to stop by my My Craft Spot, for more fun projects and vidoes!



I used the Heritage and Sweethearts Cartridges, but any cartridge with a heart and any lacy background (lacy labels) would work great! I also used Glossy Accents to give the heart and sentiments a little shiny dimension.

 

I used Vanilla Bean Crinkle Ribbon for this card.  Scroll down for a video showing how I made the ribbon border!



Scroll down to watch a video showing how I made this heart with my Gypsy (super easy)!



The first video shows how I used my gypsy to create this layered heart:



The second video shows how I made the ribbon border:



Measurements for the heart: (These will make more sense after watching the video)

Background frame (Heritage) rotated - 3.20 x 2.68
Heart scalloped shadow (Sweethearts) - 2.81 x 2.68
Heart (Sweethearts) - 3.87 x 2.68
Heart Frame (Sweethearts) - Outer heart:  3.87 x 2.68
                                             Inner heart:  3.50 x 2.39

Be sure to check out my blog, My Craft Spot , for more cards, scrapbook layouts and videos!

Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Savahanna said...

Absolutely beautiful

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I like the creamy softness.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Gorgeous and so Elegant. I just love this card it is so beautiful . your tutorial is perfect , so easy to follow . thank you for being with us today .

Granny said...

Look how pretty this is, so elegant. I like the size of the card too and your beautiful ribbon. TFS

Summer said...

Beautiful card, love the video TFS

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card.. thanks for sharing..

Unknown said...

OMG (oh my gorgeous)!!! Love the layered heart and the lace!

Angi Barrs said...

Wowza. Gorgeous with a capital "G" :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Wow this is super stunning!!! I love it - the heart is gorgeous and I always love your crinkle ribbon!
Hugs
M

Audrey Frelx said...

This card is gorgeous!!! So soft and delicate looking! TFS!!!

Barb Craft said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the heart... so femine and pretty!
barb :)

papillon digital design said...

Beautiful card

scrapnlifeaway said...

I absolutely love this!!! And don't you just love glossy accents and how it just adds that certain "pop" to a project!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

What a beautiful and elegant card and I love glossy-ing effect. I need to learn how to make the crinkle ribbon. TFS Gaby