October 7, 2010

A PRETTY LITTLE CD/DVD WALLET

Hello, everyone!!!  I'm Audrey and I'm back with another project I hope you'll all enjoy, and a big "thank you" to Sheila for having me here.

For today's project I made a CD/DVD wallet with my little neices in mind.  I  thought of how, when they were here this summer, they were always plugged up to their Walkmans listening to their music, and they'd brought all their DVD movies to watch.  Although I made this wallet for my girls, it can easily be adapted to suit anyone.  This one reads: "Believe There's Magic In Music".  Here's what mine looks like on the outside:

And these are pictures of the CD/DVD wallet open and filled with CD's.  This wallet will hold 6 comfortably:



As I'm no good with copics, I stamped my fairy, colored her with water color pencils, applied Stickles all over the image, cut it out, covered it with Glossy Accents to give it more stability and pop dotted it; I used my Nestabilities for the labels, and typed and printed the sentiment from the computer -- I pop dotted the labels too: 


Okay, now I'll show you how I put it all together.  First I cut out 2 pages of the envies from Page 1 of the cut.file.  This will give me 4 envies:





Next I cut out the wallet cover and closure from Page 2:



These pictures will show that I folded and glued the envies; and next folded the wallet cover aligning the folds along the slits on each side of the cover:  


Next I attached the closure to the back of the wallet cover and added velcro to keep the wallet secure when closed. Next I ran a strip of tacky tape down the back of each of the envies:



I removed the tape liner from the first envie and attached it to the FRONT of the second envie; I I did this until all four envies are attached but I DID NOT remove the tape from the back of the fourth envie yet:


Once all four envies are attached, I then removed the tape from the fourth envie and attached it to the back of, and aligned with, the inside fold of the wallet cover:


And here is what it looked like:


The final step was to decorate it (did I mention I added velcro to the closure?!)!!!  And that's where I'm going to leave you on my project!  Why?  Because I have provided the cut.file for you to complete this wallet and decorate any way you like!  You can find the cut.file for this project at the bottom of my today's post on my blog.  If you are interested in using them, there's a Page 3 of the cut.file for decorative panels for the wallet covers closure flap, and a Page 4 with the word "Believe".

Anyway, you now have the basics to do your own -- have fun if you do!  However, if you use my cut.file, it would be nice if you'd link your project back to me;  I'd love to see what you can do with this!

Have a great day, and ...

I'll be seeing you!

13 comments:

Celeste B. said...

Wow! What a creative idea!!! I absolutely love it, TFS! :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Audrey, this is beautiful! I love it and it is so useful. You can bet I will be rushing over to your blog to download a copy to make. Thank you for such a wonderful tutorial too. Now can you color my fairy too?

Angi Barrs said...

This idea is waaayyy FABULOUS. Love that little fairy. :)

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Audrey - this is gorgeous hon!! What a fabulous idea - so much better then lugging around all those cases!! Love it! TFS!!!
Melissa

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Oh Oh, this just couldn't be any cuter, you have done it again my friend, how adorable. hugs

shari said...

Audrey, What a great project! So adorable! Shari (cricutrookie)

papillon digital design said...

Thia so adorable!!. Love the fairy and the wallet is cool idea!

Bamabel said...

How fabulous is this! It looks wonderful and is so clever! I love it!!!

CathyinMN said...

What a wonderful project. I'll have to give this a try. I think it would be great for my nieces. TFS!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Fabulous!!!!! Thank you for sharing this great project!

Debbie said...

Audrey this is so precious! Thanks for sharing with us!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Soooo pretty!!! Love all of the sparkles!

Audrey Frelx said...

Thank you all for all your wonderful comments!!! This makes me want to create for you all the more!!!

And, again, Sheila thank you so much for having me!

Have a wonderful evening!!!