August 22, 2010

Time To Organize


Isn't this a mess? Well I decided that it is time to clean out my messenger bag! I take my bag with me everywhere as you never know when you will get a spare minute to put goodies together. I was amazed at how much "stuff" I could actually fit into this little bag. Thanks Provo Craft for this wonderful reward!


This is just the contents of the little zipper in front. The contents included 4 different colors of ribbon, two packages of pop dots, 2 packages of red gems one of which spelled Merry and was unopened, and the other was half gone, 2 small StampinUp ink squares, scrap paper and 4 bottles of stickles.

Now doesn't this look better? And everything is easy to see as well as get at.


This is the inside of my bag, as you can see it is stuffed full, so much so you can hardly put anything else in it.

So I dumped all the goodies out on my desk... You wouldn't believe how much I had in there. I had a Glue Glider Pro and 2 refills, a camera and its case and charger, 2 Zip Dry glues, misc. paper scraps, 2 types of Zig Glue Pens, large glue dots, my Cricut Tool Kit, My Gypsy Woman, more gem stones, loose paper sketches, April, May and June calendars, broken necklace, 2 card kits, gems stones that I thought I had mailed to Kim on the message board (sorry Kim they should be at you house when you read this), paper towels for cleaning up a mess, a USB cord and a medium Manila envelope that I use to mail card kits out.


Now look how much nicer it looks, everything in place it will make it so much easier to find things. I like to always carry my adhesives, pens and tool kit because you never know when you will have that opportunity to do a couple of things. All I can say is its a good thing I didn't do this yesterday as I had punches in my bag too!!! I had read Okie's blog on punching those scraps so you would have them when you need them.... well let me tell you that is a wonderful thing to take to work if you are on the phone a lot! I took about ten twelve inch strips with me and they are all done! Great idea Okie, I really love time savers and this is one I will use over and over!
As for today I sure hope I was able to show you that it is important to take a few minutes and clean out and pack up a bag for yourself. I would say that 90% of my cards are made away from home.By the way, my special events book was made away from home only because this messenger bag was packed and ready for business! Just think of how much more you could get accomplished if you had a bag packed and ready with your supplies. With Christmas just around the corner I hope that you take just a few minutes to prepare for
the extra projects that we all take on.
signature

9 comments:

Kendra-Sue and Jamie said...

thank you for reminding me of the need to pack a bag for my scrapbooking. Now that school has started, I'm spending a LOT of time in the carpool line. I need to figure out how to use your tips to use that time a little better.

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it...... thanks for sharing! Happy Sunday my friend!

Debbie said...

Between yesterday's post and today's post you certainly are one well organized person! Would love to have you come and organize me! Thanks for sharing Sheila.

Cheryl Boglioli said...

I love your bag and kept looking at the one in rewards and never got it..now it's gone. :-( I need to get me a bag and organize it for on-the-go scrapping too. I stay home most of the time, but what a convenient thing that would be to use when watching TV with the family. Or at least to keep me motivated to work on SOMETHING even when I'm not feeling the mojo...

Anonymous said...

OMG, Sheila... I've had that messenger bag sitting on the floor for months and months... the tags are still on it!!! I am packing up and moving my craft room tomorrow and you may have just inspired me to finally remove the tags and put that bag to use... like it was meant to be!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I love your bag Shelia...

Debbie Bakk said...

LOve your new organized bag-wish I had one! I too love to be organized- my brain doesn't function very well if there's a mess-lol

Unknown said...

What a great reminder Sheila!! I work from home and my supplies are on my desk, but I do take a rolling tote with me to Michaels when I teach. I have duplicates of some essentials just so I don't have to unpack every week! Love your messenger bag!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Great bag!!! Now all I need to do is figure out what is "organize" -- it seems to have slipped my memory! LOL!!!