February 1, 2010

Nice Easy Layout


This is a nice easy layout sketch from the SOUS 1/29 sketch designed by Aymee Gandy of Southernbellscrapper. When I saw it I immediately thought of little Carissa trying to sneak a piece of chocolate off the table without her Mommy noticing. Little did she know Grandma had her finger on the camera shutter! It is perfect for these photos.

Friday I received my shipment from Flowers and Flourishes of Crate Paper a Mia Collection kit and I knew it couldn't get easier than that for picking papers...

Look how great those colors go with the photos! So all I needs was to pull enough variances to fit the sketch. Then I started cutting...
Now my Gypsy woman was ready to cut leaves and dragon flies and many, many flowers but I ended up pulling most off and keeping my layout simple and keeping the focus on Carissa.

Notice the circle was placed off the edge of the mat as I didn't want to waste paper I wasn't going to use. Now be sure you are ready to trim off the edge of the paper when you unload your mat.
See I marked my paper where I wanted to cur and trimed again. I am still using the old Creative Memory Books with the 11 1/2 inch width so when I layout file that I will share I need to manually adjust for my needs.
I tried a new flower that I saw on a blog last week that is from the Cottage Blog that was also very easy and goes great with this simple layout. After putting them together I placed skittles on the edge of the paper on the outside ring and chalked the edge of the inner ring. Instead of buttons I used brads.
Now wasn't that easy? This is a layout we can all do in a short time. Aymee also started making cards with her leftovers. I was challenged by this as I have soooo many scraps so this is my card made from the scraps of my last two projects.
I cut the word LOVE from the all new Heritage cartride, embossed with the swirl folder, taped the ribbon on the back, placed a small hole in the paper, attached the leftover flower and a glue dot to make as secure as possible. Just a couple of steps and another valentine card!

Just a little tidbit.... Sassy is where I got my name. She got upset with me one day and in the middle of one of her infamous struts, turns around points at me and in her loudest little voice yells "You, you are a Sassy Grandma"! She and I later laughed and laughed, and now I am the only one that can call her Sassy, and to her I am still Sassy.
Now wan't that easy? Download Sassy-Caught Gypsy file here. So when are you going to start your next layout.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for your comments, they mean so much to me and I am always encouraged by them.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Sheila, this is too cute! I don't know how sneaky Carissa is going to be with that chocolate mustache! LOL! Gotta love those little stinkers (and I would know, you've seen mine! LOLOL!
I like the flowers very much but I have to say my favorite is the triple brads so the centers, that looks great! And the "leftover" card is a really neat idea too..I wonder how often we could do that with the scraps from a page!

Sandy said...

Hey Ms Sheila...love those photos....and what a beautiful name....Carissa...love that! Your flowers look so fabulous on this layout...going to have to try them...you know how much I love flowers....I'm going to be posting the blog award in a bit on SOUS...thanx again for that and for playing along with us this week!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, what a sneaky pete she thoguht she was gonna be ... heehee! So glad you caught her in the act .. love it! Fab layout and I agree with Leah .. love the triple brad in the center! I have fortunately used up all my 11 1/2 inch books and I so love the true 12! CM quality in a standard size! CAn't beat that. Thanks for playing this week ... and thanks again for the blog award!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

what an adorable layout and isn't she just too cute. I really love how you explain what and how you are doing your layouts.. I am that kind of person that NEEDS directions.. thanks for sharing.

Nanne said...

The girls(*Sandy,Sandi and Leah) have pretty much said it all..LOL :O)
I adore the fact you were able to capture her little sneakiness on film.. How precious is that..She will love to look at this layout when she gets older.. Gramma's are so great at capturing special moments..
Thank you so much for the blog Award Sheila.. it means so much to us girls!!
hugs always
Nanné

Audrey Frelx said...

Sheila. I love your flower! And the paper is so pretty! The "little angel" on the page is the show-stopper though!

As always, great job! TFS

Barb Craft said...

Sheila - How sweet is this LO?! I love capturing the pictures the kids never suspect! Heehee!! And you are so right... these papers work perfectly with the photos that you used! Lovin' those flowers... I'll have to try them out!
Barb

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: [02 Feb 02:00pm GMT]).

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Awww Sheila what a beautiful little girl, Love her name tooo cute and sooo pretty. Love your flowers and the lo is so pretty!! Just stopped by to say HI!!! Take care, Dawn

Rozette said...

OK...the picture and paper were too perfect. They went together really well. Good idea about making card with the scraps. My scraps seem to pile up higher and higher.

RozetteakaFluffy

217 Creations said...

Great Layout!!! Love that flower!

Brenda said...

awww what an adorable lil one!!! Lovein' the papers you used!!! And really love those lollipop flowers...great job!!!
hugs
Brenda